Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

HEAD'S UP! J. JULIA CATALOGUE IS NOW ONLINE!
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:44 PM   #1
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default HEAD'S UP! J. JULIA CATALOGUE IS NOW ONLINE!

The J. Julia auction catalogue is now online and take a look at Lot #1191. An eight bore P Grade monster on a #6 frame with 40 inch barrels, SN 94278. As an aside Bo Whoop is there too!

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to George Lander For Your Post:
Unread 02-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #2
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

What a beast, 16lbs 9 ounces!

The link to the online catalog is here: http://www.jamesdjulia.com/auctions/....asp?pageREQ=1
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pete Lester For Your Post:
Unread 02-19-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
ch
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Yes, I would like to make my elbow hurt packing it 4 phesants if it was legal of course. But ive been dreaming about that Gibbs target rifle. What a selection of target rifles.
calvin humburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #4
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Hmmm, I'll take the Purdey underlever 8bore rifle.... or the short little 4-bore maybe engraved "for elephants, rhinoceros and other pachyderms"... I guess! What a cannon. So little money, so many guns... How about the cased 4-bore shotgun for you Destry??
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,804 Times in 1,370 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Flanders View Post
or the short little 4-bore maybe engraved "for elephants, rhinoceros and other pachyderms"... I guess! What a cannon.
I think I have seen that gun. My understanding is it was orginally built as a long barreled fowler but the barrel for the most part was destroyed in a car accident. It was then shortened, sights added and amusingly stamped.
Pete Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #6
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Fair number of nice Parkers and offers an opportunity for some of the people who write in here who seem to have trouble finding a decent Parker. Good guns and they know they will be buying at fair market value. There is a VHE in there with aftermarket engraving that will likely sell for less than the cost of the engraving and extra gunsmith work, if the estimates are correct.

Then there is the famous Becker Fox duck gun that is available. There was lots of discussion here about how could Julia's be offering a lost gun for sale, should have been returned, no clear title, etc, etc, and of course Julia's put all that discussion to bed with a sentence or two and guaranteed to cover any title issues, as one would expect.

Last edited by Bruce Day; 02-19-2010 at 04:57 PM..
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:18 PM   #7
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

There was lots of discussion here about how could Julia's be offering a lost gun for sale, should have been returned, no clear title, etc, etc, and of course Julia's put all that discussion to bed with a sentence or two and guaranteed to cover any title issues, as one would expect.

Good Luck collecting on that guarantee... Didn't help me....
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
I'll second that Eric--
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:35 PM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default I'll second that Eric--

If you end up with the supposed TNB Becker/AH Fox/Bo-Whooper, and I'm predicting that some lucky bidder will end up writing a check for $350,000.00 to get that storied gun, you only have the assurance of Mr. Julia & Co. to back up its authenticity. It begs the question, IMO anyway, as Mr. B went to that great Beaver Dam in the sky in March 1971. Wonder if Mr. Julia has ever suggested to Mr. Puglisi to invest in sand pounding gear? Huumm.

I don't care what their Wes Dillon says about it being the "Real Deal" all these years whereabouts unknown raise a big cloud of suspicion for me. "Doubting Thomas" from the Bible should have been made a Saint, as I buy into his mantra 110% when it comes to my dinero on the line. Not to worry lads, I have the chance of a ice cream cone in Hades of playing in that big buck league. Man has to know his limitations, including disposable dinero!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

I dunno...Bo-Whoop has been inspected and reinspected and re re inspected by some of the most knowledgable people in the doublegun industry and also by some very very knowledgable Fox collectors and has been deemed authentic. I don,t think it will bring the $ the "Czars" gun brought but ya never know. When the gavel falls...end of story...
I will accept your viewpoint gladly Dave-
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #10
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default I will accept your viewpoint gladly Dave-

Easy for me to say of course, as I am nowhere in the "chips" for that item, which may well leave the Czar's A1-Special 12 "in the dust"--A lot fewer AH Fox guns made than Parkers, LC Smiths and Ithacas- regardless of grade, gauge, place of mfg. etc. So the scarcity of those big Becker "Barrels Not Guaranteed" HE 12 Magnums will also affect market price point.

Just for the "hay" of it, wonder if Fox might have sold more in both 12 and 20 bore if they had NOT put that possibly ill-advised stamping on the flats- My understanding is, it referred to pattern %, not the bursting point of the barrels with stout loads being fired.

I also meant to support Brother Eis- Julia's should have returned his $ NQA if the barrels on his 16 DHE Damascus (or Titanic Steel) either way were not properly represented or gauged by a knowledgeable employee at Julia's prior to being offered for sale. To "dodge or duck" on such a transaction is shortsighted, IMO- but I share what I understood Eric's "frustrations" may have been regarding that transaction. Another reason why I only buy shotguns or rifles from private parties I know personally, NOT on line auction sites or Julia's or Amoskeeg or RIA-- ain't my "bag" I'd guess!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote