Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 04-03-2022, 07:31 PM   #11
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,195 Times in 891 Posts

I hesitate to crow about the lack of gun laws here in the Great State, Live Free or Die, of New Hampshire but we really have it good as of now. No waiting periods, and everyone that is allowed to poses a firearm can carry consealed with no permit. Oh, and if you are over 17 years old you do not have to use your seatbelt, or wear a helmet if you are riding a Motorcycle. It is not up the the state to tell you that you have to be safe. And as an aside, a survey came out last year that the seat belt compliance rate in NH was better than in Massachusetts, which ha a seat belt law. Oh, and we do not have a sales or income tax here.
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Hodges For Your Post:
Unread 04-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #12
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,415 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hodges View Post
I hesitate to crow about the lack of gun laws here in the Great State, Live Free or Die, of New Hampshire but we really have it good as of now. No waiting periods, and everyone that is allowed to poses a firearm can carry consealed with no permit. Oh, and if you are over 17 years old you do not have to use your seatbelt, or wear a helmet if you are riding a Motorcycle. It is not up the the state to tell you that your have to be safe. And as an aside, a survey came out last year that the seat belt compliance rate in NH was better than in Massachusetts, which is a state akin to California. Oh, and we do not have a sales or income tax here.
Find me a house : )
Unread 04-03-2022, 08:17 PM   #13
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
Because for all that PA offers, they forgot to build hotels and restaurants!!! And the fact is Vestal is a college town so the closest place to get those amenities. I think Mike should build "The Lodge at The Rock" and put in a steak house and poker tables. We'd be all set. Someone would find something to complain about even then I guess.
Andy you missed my whole point. The point is, why cater to a state that could care less about you and your hobby and sport. I don't know where you looked for hotels and eateries in PA, but I find hotels and places to eat with no problem in PA. Maybe they are no high enough class for you.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2022, 08:38 PM   #14
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Tom that’s an unfair statement. My comment has nothing to do with “high enough class for me.” Where can that many people stay with hotels and food close enough to drive to after a long day especially if your spouse may want other amenities. I was talking about areas very close to the shooting venues and was tongue in cheek. I can drive to my house in 45 minutes from The Rock. I’m not defending New York. I live here because 30 years ago I moved back, I have a house I built and 100 acres and 20 employees. Leaving is much easier said than done especially with kids in school. Im pretty sure you’re not convincing everyone who goes to these shoots to avoid NY. Just isn’t going to happen because of the proximity.
Unread 04-03-2022, 09:42 PM   #15
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,668 Times in 2,629 Posts

We have three hotels 20 minutes from us in Tunkhannock. Easy to get to from The Rock and if you drive like me you can get there in under 20 minutes. BWAHAHAHA! Restaurants in Tunkhannock, Montrose and in between. Nothing fancy, just good eats. As for Jeff’s car wash, one in South Montrose, Montrose and Tunkhannock or just find a big puddle!! You guys can grill steak in the pavilion and play cards there too, or in The Grotto by Daryl’s stripper pole!! Just sayin’ for a friend. Free fresh eggs for breakfast too, you just have to cook ‘em up. I’ll take mine fried on rye toast with pepper Jack cheese, venison bacon, sriracha and mayo.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 04-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #16
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

All the above comments are of course more pertinent to Hausmann's than the Rock which is further away from Vestal.
Unread 04-04-2022, 10:02 AM   #17
BS
PGCA Member

Member Info

All of the above comments have nothing to do with the lead hunting ammo ban in New York.
- Brett
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brett Souder For Your Post:
Unread 04-04-2022, 10:16 AM   #18
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Souder View Post
All of the above comments have nothing to do with the lead hunting ammo ban in New York.
- Brett
We call that a left turn in these parts....
Unread 04-04-2022, 10:26 AM   #19
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,668 Times in 2,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco View Post
We call that a left turn in these parts....
Or a "rabbit hole" or "Well, that went sideways in a hurry..."
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 04-17-2022, 07:18 PM   #20
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,158 Posts

I'd brace myself boys, unless there's a drastic turn around in the political atmosphere, I'd say there will be a Federal Lead Ban in the next ten years.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post: