Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Parker 10ga pics

Technical Info:
Parker 10 ga.
Serial #: 58969
Made in 1889, DH grade
Frame Size: 3
Original metal finish, gray patina. Barrel says "Damascus Steel" and has not been cut down.
*photos attached with link below

http://picasaweb.google.com/kenmlyn/...eat=directlink

Any information on this Parker or value of this beautiful gun would be helpful.

Regards,
Jason
Jason Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,910 Times in 534 Posts

Thats a nice picture display of one fine old Parker...them barrels have some beef inum! I hope to own a hi condition dhe grade 16 one day.....just can't find a realy good one! Lots of them no longer have the skelital but plate, and thats a must have! I missed a good one few months back...was lacking the 11500 asking price and was still making payments on my last perchase...it sold within 10 days of post....)-: I tried to deal with a good trade but just did not work out...maybe next one? A BHE would also work if I have a ready buyer for my house! Thanks all SXS ohio....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,795 Times in 3,967 Posts

gotta love those old tens espically the d grade...i have an old parker 10 also but its a ph grade..it has brought down and home 4 good gobblers for me over the years....these old parkers are special to me... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
You have good taste in guns, Charlie
Unread 01-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default You have good taste in guns, Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
gotta love those old tens espically the d grade...i have an old parker 10 also but its a ph grade..it has brought down and home 4 good gobblers for me over the years....these old parkers are special to me... charlie
-- but your friend Kenny- if I read his posting right, he was looking at a DHE 16 for $1150? Unless the barrels were cut or "Joe *&$# the Rag-Man" restocked it with the help of the beaver patrol, sounds like a bargain.

Charlie, as we like to chat about our love of the "Big Un's" as the late Nash Buckingham liked to call them-and how they can really reach out a touch a spooky big ol' Tom in the Spring- and dust to oblivion those off-season "black ducks" (aka- crows)- I sure do appreciate you sharing the fotos with all of us- very much appreciated, my friend!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #5
David Hamilton
Forum Associate

Member Info

Jason, I'm afraid we are not helping you very much. I take it that you are looking at this gun with the idea of purchase. The gun is worn and will need quite a bit of TLC to bring it back to more presentable condition. It is very difficult to judge a gun without holding it in your own hands and thinking hard about all the plusses and minuses. $1800? How does that sound? Does the gun function correctly? I would be tempted to buy the gun if the price was right and hope for the best.
P>S> What condition are the bores? Badly pitted or just mildly so? You may need to run a bore brush through a few times to really see. Best of luck!!
David Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 12:19 AM   #6
Jason Green
Forum Associate

Member Info

I am not looking to purchase this gun. I am obligated to the widow to sell it for as much as it is worth or more if I can get it. I believe that this parker 10 gage is original and unique and should fetch a price close to what a .410 Parker would be worth, even in todays depressed market.

JG
Jason Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #7
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Green View Post
I am not looking to purchase this gun. I am obligated to the widow to sell it for as much as it is worth or more if I can get it. I believe that this parker 10 gage is original and unique and should fetch a price close to what a .410 Parker would be worth, even in todays depressed market.

JG

Jason you are kidding, right?
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
a .410 bore Parker and an equal in grade 10 Gauge
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default a .410 bore Parker and an equal in grade 10 Gauge

Well, at least they have the "10" numeral in common- Jason, you will soon learn from the very informed brotherhood here on the PGCA Forum--you might be just a "tad outta whack" on that computation. .410 bore and 28 gauge original conditioned both Meriden and then Ilion mfg. Parkers- very scarce-

You should perhaps remember that in the 1880-1920 era the std. 10 was the main gauge, and especially in the first half of that time span, the 12 was considered to be a 'smaller upland only gauge"-- But join our PGCA, you'll get the magazine parker Pages, post more fotos and you'll get a fair appraisal here, and you can then offer it for sale. Best wishes--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
Holeshot
PGCA Member

Member Info

I kinda like that idea, because I might have a spare 10 ga. and think it would be cool to trade for an original 410. I know some of you guys have 410's laying around. Anyone for a trade?
David Holes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Jason,

I have a #3 frame DH with 32" barrels and the SSBP. I paid $2,000 for it. A .410 Parker will sell for more than 10 times that. Your barrels do look like they have been cut and it has the wrong butt plate for a DH. However with Parker one never knows until they get a "letter".

Kindest, Harry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1556.JPG (114.7 KB, 3 views)
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harry Collins For Your Post: