Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Foto Fridays

Notices

Unread 11-08-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Rich, Sock's....I lose a couple pair everytime.....
Unread 11-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,238 Times in 12,378 Posts

Mr. Anderson; perhaps you had neglected to put on your spectacles before reading my post..... after I have my buck (we don't shoot does in Vermont) dressed and hanging, and only then, will I arise well after sunrise. Until I kill my buck I am the first to rise, eat, dress and holler one last time to my slumbering companions "Get up and get out!!" and usually the only one who sees deer slipping off like apiritions to their bedding areas.

"Church"? My "Church" during the months of the Harvest Moon and the Hunter's Moon is where God or the Great Spirit dwells - outdoors in the cathedral of tall trees, vivid stained glass foliage, crystalline mountain brooks and the purity of new snow in marshmallow puffs on everything.

And I've graduated from chewing slippers.... those are for pups.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #13
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

You got that right Mr. Romig.....There are no pup's in That Camp...
Unread 11-08-2010, 08:28 PM   #14
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

I look at Greg's Setter photo and think of the animal rights people who believe gun dogs are forced into service (yes, we have them here in Oregon) and I laugh out loud. I can just envision the enthusiasm those two must have displayed when initially released from the truck. My dog loves hunting more than food and she looooooves herself some Purina let me tell ya.

Last edited by Dave Fuller; 11-08-2010 at 09:16 PM..
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Fuller For Your Post:
Unread 11-08-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Once firearm deer season opens all else closes as far as game is concerned Its deer and deer only from 11/15-11/30 other than preserve birds. On the other hand I have NO problem in letting the air out of the females of the species. Once she's in the freezer then into the cast iron skillet there all the same

Real dogs chew boots anyway's
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2010, 09:47 PM   #16
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fuller View Post
I look at Greg's Setter photo and think of the animal rights people who believe gun dogs are forced into service (yes, we have them here in Oregon) and I laugh out loud.
Haven't heard of that before but I'll join in with a hearty chuckle. Dogs are predators and the hunt is a natural expression of a deep instinct. I have proven that with four dogs from two off-beat breeds (off-beat in the sense that no one would think of them as gun dogs). The first two were a pair of Shetland sheep dogs (shelties) and the last two were miniature American Eskimos (eskies). There was no intensive training involved. Each one took to pheasant hunting like they had been doing it all their life. The latest is KYRA. She is a 6 year old surrendered little princess house dog. The best she saw of the great outdoors was at the end of the leash on a neighborhood stroll. I took her out for the last days of the 2009 season. Her first trip into the habitat saw her flushing birds within the first ten minutes and she wouldn't stop sniffing them out for the next couple hours. The only thing I did to force this pampered pup to become a gun dog was to let her out of the car in bird country. On our exercise hikes she catches and kills gophers and mice, yet in a previous life, I understand she ate pizza and other human fodder.
Here she is, all 14 pounds of her. The second pic is her predecessor FOXY on one of many days afield over a decade of great hunting.