Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Located hard to get, B&P classic 16 shells
Unread 01-26-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,962 Times in 549 Posts

Default Located hard to get, B&P classic 16 shells

I just found and ordered some B&P classic 16 gauge F5 2 5/8 hunting loads in 5# and 7# 8 boxes in a case 115.00 ships free. go to: www.aerostaroutdoors.com These are premium hunting rounds.....have some left from 4-5 years ago. The company restructured and dropped them till now, they are great and I was getting low! They are in stock but quantities are limited, cases available. Great grouse loads for the old vintage guns. Other gauges are available too. thanks all SXS Ohio....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Graft For Your Post:
Unread 01-26-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
GH-16
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,313 Times in 449 Posts

Kenny,

Do you know what the pressures are for these B&P loads?

I bought some of these a few years back. After shooting them I came away feeling that they were a pretty stout load judging from the recoil they produced after shooting them in several different guns. I decided not to order any more and have stayed with RST's. I've never had the perceived recoil from the RST's that I got from the B&P's. Don't get me wrong, I think B&P makes great ammunition. I just felt they were a little stout for the wood on my old SXS game guns.
Paul Ehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,962 Times in 549 Posts

The RST light 16 rated at 1200fps 1oz B&P rated at 1280 1-1/16th oz The B&P makes a nice hunting grade load for short chamber guns. If the gun is very light 5lbs 10oz then maybe the RST would be better choice. A gun that is 6lbs or better should be fine with the B&P load and do a little better job downing birds. Its nice to have a range of factory loaded ammo on hand....I own all sorts of 16-s from 5lb-10oz up to 6lb-8oz My modern CSMC Fox, Parker Reproductions and my Ithica Classc Doubles all can shoot Fiocchi HV loads 1300 FPS 1-1/8th oz. and also the old vintage loads from the 60-s 1 1/4 oz Max drams. I had bought a Fox SW from a feller who had 20 boxes of the old heavy field loads...I do not know if he was feeding the Fox with these...hope not! I bought all the ammo too. Now I have a big selection of that old shot-shell ammo....most is plastic hulls but some are paper. I'm a hoarder when it comes to ammo....(-: When I was a kid ammo was gold! We did not waist any of it. I still own ammo from them days! SXS Ohio
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,932 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ehlers View Post
Kenny,

Do you know what the pressures are for these B&P loads?

I bought some of these a few years back. After shooting them I came away feeling that they were a pretty stout load judging from the recoil they produced after shooting them in several different guns. I decided not to order any more and have stayed with RST's. I've never had the perceived recoil from the RST's that I got from the B&P's. Don't get me wrong, I think B&P makes great ammunition. I just felt they were a little stout for the wood on my old SXS game guns.
The B&P website shows this load at 720 bar of pressure. Not knowing what this represented in terms of PSI I googled a conversion on it and the web tells me this translates to 10,442 PSI. Yikes !
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 01-27-2018, 10:20 AM   #5
Mike Poindexter
PGCA Member

Member Info

The linked site shows the advertised velocity at 1310 fps--a little stout for my taste. I prefer the 1150 range in my vintage side by sides. Thanks for the post, however.
Mike Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Poindexter For Your Post: