Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 07-02-2014, 12:04 AM   #61
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

EH owned many guns and traded a bunch off. He gave some away. Some that were given to Patrick were stolen in the 70's. Or was it Jack? Not sure. How many of EH's guns do we have that have been authenticated? I read the tale of his Model 12 being given to A & F to be sold. A college kid bought it..cheap. He claimed upon interview, that it was worn slick. I am sure it was. I think, the famous G & H '03 Springfield would be the Holy Grail of EH guns. As the story goes it was stolen and ended up in the IRA which seems kind of bazaar to me.

EH casts a spell over American hunters, fisherman and his literary fans. I am a victim.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2014, 11:04 AM   #62
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,864 Times in 4,752 Posts

Alfred, what is the serial number of your EH Parker?
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #63
Alfred Greeson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Alfred Greeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2015, 09:46 AM   #64
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Dragging up an old thread...I just bought the Hemingway's Guns book and was surprised at how well written it is.

I particularly like that the authors played it right down the middle when it came to Hemingway's exploits. For example, they could have said, "what a great man he was to have killed a full grown rhino at 300 yards with an iron sight 30-06!" but they in fact note that his claim is highly dubious.

I also wholeheartedly agree with Steve McCarty's comments earlier in this thread.

Anyway, for those who haven't seen this book, it's worth having. I paid less than $9, shipped, for mine on Amazon.
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #65
Alfred Greeson
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanks for the note. I still drag out his books and read from time to time. We can only hope to do a small bit of what he did but what a life and I know he owned Parkers, just can't verify which or where they went. He, like my Father, used guns as tools. They got a lot of wear, covered many miles. I have my Fathers' model 12 twenty, well worn but well oiled and I wouldn't change a thing about it.
Alfred Greeson is offline   Reply With Quote