Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 07-22-2022, 12:27 PM   #11
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,679 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob lyons View Post
Glad it worked out the funny part of the story was that I was looking for a 20 reloader and my bother in law’s dad had accumulated a few mec reloaders at our local gun club as people would leave them at the club house.
However I had a 28 gauge so I figured I would pass it along as it was given to me.
Bob,

This 650 was missing so many things and the main thing was the primer feed. The new MEC part costs more than complete used 20 MEC 600 JRs, so I did not buy it. So there are seven motions to use it now. Manually place a primer, place a hull, manually place wad, then after pulling the handle, rotate the wheel, put in hull, remove the finished hull. This is after resizing hulls before hand. A 600 JR will work circles around it!

Thanks.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2022, 12:06 PM   #12
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

A neighbor gave me an aged 12ga 650 that had been his deceased brothers and which needed some serious TLC. I did my best with it and it is far and away my smoothest MEC of the 5 on my bench. It just works so flawlessly. I wouldn't sell it for anything at this point.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 07-23-2022, 06:34 PM   #13
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,679 Times in 870 Posts

I have a 12 ga 650 also that works well, because it has the primer feed. But with having to put the primers in by hand makes it easy to forget one of the many actions one needs to do. The new style primer feed MEC sells for the 650 is the tray type and not the old tube type where the primers must be fed one by one until the tube is full. The replacement part cost more than a used machine. I did not buy it.

For speed the 9000 machines will spoil you, but they are easy to screw up as well and make a mess. The single stage 600 Jr.s are hard to screw up.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post: