Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 07-22-2015, 03:11 PM   #21
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,794 Times in 3,967 Posts

nice gun for sure..what i like about these unknown gun buiders is that they made fabulous guns of top quality...and even folks like me can afford one of once in a while...charlie.....
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 07-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #22
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,318 Times in 755 Posts

Thanks Charlie, I agree! the seller just transmitted the tracking number to me, so the stork is in the air! Will report on first hand impressions once in hand. I am really anxious to see what all is in the case compartments...the seller said they are "crammed with stuff"!
Unread 07-22-2015, 03:50 PM   #23
Mike Franzen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,379 Times in 1,318 Posts

Post some good pics of the case. I might try and build one like that. Might be the coolest case I've ever seen.
Mike Franzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Franzen's homepage!
Unread 07-22-2015, 04:09 PM   #24
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Couple of case pics

Unread 07-22-2015, 04:11 PM   #25
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Unread 07-22-2015, 05:05 PM   #26
Double Trouble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Why couldn't the seller snap another picture with the covers off of the compartments, thus showing you all of the stuff crammed in there ?

Doesn't matter now, but I would have hoped that he would have done so if asked.

Once, I had an annoying experience dealing with a well-known dealer who apparently didn't enjoy answering questions & taking a few more pictures of the guns he offered on his website. Hell, he is my "eyes & ears" - since I can't view the item in person. His rudeness and unprofessional attitude cost him almost $10K in potential sales.

What an ass...
John Mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2015, 05:29 PM   #27
TxHuntermn
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mazza View Post
Why couldn't the seller snap another picture with the covers off of the compartments, thus showing you all of the stuff crammed in there ?

Once, I had an annoying experience dealing with a well-known dealer who apparently didn't enjoy answering questions & taking a few more pictures of the guns he offered on his website. Hell, he is my "eyes & ears" - since I can't view the item in person. His rudeness and unprofessional attitude cost him almost $10K in potential sales.

What an ass...
Frankly John...in this case the seller was no real problem...I knew that doubles weren't his thing when I realized the gun he was selling was a 16 and not a 12 as advertised. As it was an auction...the last thing I wanted was for him to throw in some new information like all the stuff in the compartments .. and he actually though that the gun being a 16 would have detracted from its value! In fact asked if I was still interested when I pointed it out to him. The only reason I pointed it out to him at all was in the minute chance that the photos were of the wrong gun. I had to chuckle to myself when he generally described the items hidden from view as old fashioned screwdrivers, and old fashioned cleaning stuff, and little black jars with gun parts and the like.
Looking forward to the treasure hunt...with my luck it will be craftsman screwdrivers and 35mm film canisters!!
Unread 07-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #28
Double Trouble
PGCA Member

Member Info

Understood.

Even if the screwdrivers are Craftsman, it looks like you got one helluva' nice gun & case !

Give us an update when she arrives.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mazza For Your Post:
Unread 07-23-2015, 02:00 PM   #29
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mazza View Post

What an ass...
While I understand your annoyance with the said dealer , you also need to see it from the sellers point of view . I sell on the internet quite a bit and you would be amazed at the number of idiotic questions people can ask even if what they ask is plainly stated in the auction . And pictures one could post 100+ pics of any gun and someone will want MORE .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2015, 02:17 PM   #30
Double Trouble
PGCA Member

Member Info

I understand. But when it's my hard-earned money, I want to be able to satisfy myself that everything's OK with the gun.

When a dealer doesn't mention that it's been refinished & I can plainly see that, then I think he's either hiding the fact or is ignorant of the fact. Neither one is good...

I have had people say to me "I never said it was ..........." (Fill in the blank with whatever you want: "all original" " not refinished" "mechanically perfect", etc.) So, I will flat out ASK them these things. All they need to then do is say Yes or No. ...but I want an answer! Then, if they don't tell me the truth, they are then misrepresenting the item. If you don't ask, and/or if they don't say it in the description - it's not being misrepresented.

I don't ask idiotic questions - I ask the usual questions we all tend to ask.

I bought a drilling once that turned out to have issues: 1.) lots of pitting in bores 2.) right hammer did not hold at full cock, and a hairline crack in same hammer.

The guy's description said "very good" bores. WRONG ! He claims that he never noticed the cracked hammer. (Possible, but odd for a dealer to miss...) Worse yet, he claimed he never noticed that the hammer didn't hold at full cock. So, he bought a gun (to sell) and never even cocked the hammers ???????? I guess he never opened the gun either - maybe that's how he figured the bores were "very good."

I haven't dealt with either of these dealers since. One is too impatient/arrogant, and the other is blind & ignorant. (Again, these are bone fide dealers, not just guys posting things on Gunbroker.)

If a dealer is basically saying "Just trust me, everything's OK." Then I'm tempted to say "Fine, you trust me too. Send me the gun, and if you are telling the truth, I promise to mail you a check."

Trust me...