Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

K32s
Unread 02-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #31
Jeff Christie
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default K32s

And I thought trap shooters were insatiable with gun tampering. There is no limit to what competitors will do for one more target. My old K32 is as it left Ulm am Donau except for 2 Edwards recoil reducers, some leather glued to the buttplate, and some red model paint where the ivory fell out of the front sight. Love that gun. Just got too heavy for the field any more. Still my go to skeet gun.
Jeff Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #32
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,274 Times in 2,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Daryl, I have a set of Vandalia barrels for my (now 50) year old K-32. Odd that now everyone has to have a high rib. Vandalia barrel guns could be bought for $1000 twenty years ago. How times change.
How right you are Bill. You could'nt hardly give them away back then. That K-32 was the beginning of my 32" gun passion. I installed a #4 hanger on it and shot every clay target game with it and did very well. Since I have switched over to shooting SxS's for everything it barely gets used anymore. I still take it out every now and then to give the old girl some exercise.
Unread 02-13-2017, 02:05 PM   #33
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Christie View Post
And I thought trap shooters were insatiable with gun tampering. There is no limit to what competitors will do for one more target. My old K32 is as it left Ulm am Donau except for 2 Edwards recoil reducers, some leather glued to the buttplate, and some red model paint where the ivory fell out of the front sight. Love that gun. Just got too heavy for the field any more. Still my go to skeet gun.
You used recoil reducers and I failed to mention I had Allem port all three sets of barrels for the K-32 . After about a year the ported 12 gauge barrels were of no consequence as I shot 20 gauge in the 12 gauge and doubles skeet events .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #34
Bob Kuczynski
Forum Associate

Member Info

odd to me how people call the old 32 red sile wood ugly. its truly vogue 60-70's and reflects the era of the gun. I like it. maybe because all my furniture in my living room is mahogany and cherry.
maybe? who knows.

but one thing for sure is that old red wood glows in the sunlight and there is no doubt you have a k-gun in your hands.
I agree with bill. interesting how everyone today has to have high ribs. I like low ribs, much like parkers. I shoot flying elbows and like to lock a gun tight into my face. low elbows and high ribs is just too much side play looking to send my shot wild.

the old Vandalia ribs are in high demand today. they are the same as most standard k80 ribs in height and taper. so having one commands a premium, as more shooters who cant afford a real k80 go in search for a k32 with k80 features.

I have a build in progress utilizing a 12ga 28" Vandalia m/f bbl, converted with briley screw in's. it will have a js cushion (red sile) wood set and a nickel r&i. anyone want to nibble? lmk!

btw, I have another build going on. its going to be my club loaner for kids. its a 26" Europa bbl'ed purbaugh tube set with red skeet sile wood. needs a r&i. leads would be appreciated. the old owner got rid of the Europa r&i and never finished his upgrade project. he had Europa gun #10 and the cast receiver gave him issues. sadly, he ran out of life.
hate to see good guns go to waste. must make them go boom again! even if it was just as a favor to his legacy.

Last edited by bob kuczynski; 02-13-2017 at 05:25 PM..
bob kuczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit bob kuczynski's homepage!
Unread 02-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #35
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

Sorry - R&I?
Unread 02-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #36
Bob Kuczynski
Forum Associate

Member Info