Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Spin Wheel etc.
Unread 05-24-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
Phil Yearout
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,022 Times in 1,065 Posts

Default Spin Wheel etc.

Since Cathy's passing does anyone know if Spin Wheel is still in operation? Wondered about a source for Parker and other gear. Thanks.
Unread 05-24-2023, 02:35 PM   #2
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,659 Times in 1,854 Posts

Phil to my knowledge they are no longer an option. We have had discussion to some extent with the LCS gang with the hopes of acquiring another vendor that both organizations could use which is how it was with Spin Wheel. As of today this is an ongoing matter. One thing that I suspect will change is that there will no longer be a vendor presence at events as Spin Wheel used to do. I have discussed this with at least 2 potential candidates myself and neither are interested, not one bit. Also if the PGCA wanted to stock a table for say at the Southern they would sell us an order and we keep whatever does not sell which we have little interest in. Like I said, still ongoing.
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Randy G Roberts For Your Post:
Unread 05-24-2023, 05:45 PM   #3
Quigley97
PGCA Member

Member Info

Why don't you give Rick Hemmingway a call. He uses a local business for all the shirts and hats for all his events.
Tom Pellegrini is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom Pellegrini For Your Post:
Unread 05-24-2023, 07:37 PM   #4
J. A. EARLY
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,682 Times in 871 Posts

I made a post years ago about all of the items need to be American made. It seemed everyone agreed, especially the B.O.D. No action was taken. I bought a polo and T shirt from Spin Wheels. Wore each about five times. Both got holes in the front of them. They did make a few white hats that were requested and were USA made and had the American flag small sticker on the back. That item was great quality, and although more expensive, was worth it. Please, no more Commie made stuff. Just my two cents.
Jerry Harlow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jerry Harlow For Your Post:
Unread 05-25-2023, 06:55 AM   #5
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,518 Times in 3,098 Posts

Jerry, Sometimes I think I'm the only person alive who feels this way, but buying just one 'thing', which was made domestically, versus imported, is my duty. How many 'things' do we buy, every day, week in and week out, that add up to $5, $20, whatever, that stay in our own economy? Those few dollars, multiplied by the number of consumers, add up to billions of dollars a year. Then think about the cost of the imported item we didn't buy. That adds up to a tremendous sum, that doesn't go to a foreign country. Those single items, times the number we individually don't buy, times the number of consumers, are items that sit on the shelf, unsold, in those foreign countries, and all of a sudden, imports go down, trade deficit goes down, and more dollars are being circulated in our own country. It's sad to think how many people think "I'm one person, I don't make a difference", when the obvious truth is 'WE' are many people. and not only can we make a difference, WE do make a difference.
When you run into Home Depot, Tractor Supply, whatever, and grab one thing off the shelf, look at the package. It's a rare item, in places like that, that carry items that proudly state "Made In America". More often than not, it will be marked, in tiny letters, somewhere on the back, hard to find, "Made in China". Put it back on the shelf, and walk away. Go to the little Mom & Pop, down the street, and pay a little more. Pretty soon, more American companies are selling a couple more "things" a week, and their costs come down, and so too, does the selling price.
It's probably true; One person can't do squat, but a hundred million American consumers can do anything if they started thinking they're working together.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2023, 07:36 AM   #6
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,518 Times in 4,619 Posts

There is foreign made junk. And there is also US made junk. Just because it is made here does not automatically mean that it is higher quality.

Edgar, it would take a nuke being sent over there to really make a difference.

Regarding the original question. I know that the LC guys are working very hard on a new option. And they have spoke with Parker and Lefever about it. The conversation they had with Lefever sounded very promising that they had a few very good options out there that I think everyone would be impressed with.

Everyone calm down and know that it is being worked on.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 05-25-2023, 09:31 AM   #7
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,165 Posts

I could probably do this with the connections I have. But I'd only sell US made stuff and it would be expensive like has already been mentioned.
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2023, 10:13 AM   #8
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,518 Times in 4,619 Posts

The issue with this sort of thing is quantiles, demand and inventory. Most outfits would want minimum orders for different sizes and for orders to be paid for on speculation of sales.

Like I said, the LC guys have some very good options. One in particular is willing to produce products on demand by order and even set up a website that products can be order from directly by the individual. It sounded very promising.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!
Unread 05-25-2023, 10:20 AM   #9
Dr Bob
PGCA Member

Member Info

Brian is absolutely right. A small organization like the Lefever club cannot afford to maintain an inventory of different sizes, not to mention colors, t-shirt vs polo vs button down, etc. Spin Wheel was ideal as they would produce one off for the individual purchaser. Rich Ghenn approached us (Lefever) to obtain our cooperation in seeking a new venture. If we all act together I would assume we will get a better deal simply by increasing the potential customer base.
Bob Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Decker For Your Post:
Visit Bob Decker's homepage!
Unread 05-25-2023, 10:43 AM   #10
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,864 Times in 2,674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Dudley View Post
The issue with this sort of thing is quantiles, demand and inventory. Most outfits would want minimum orders for different sizes and for orders to be paid for on speculation of sales.

Like I said, the LC guys have some very good options. One in particular is willing to produce products on demand by order and even set up a website that products can be order from directly by the individual. It sounded very promising.
Even a large organization such as the PGCA would be hard-pressed to keep an extensive inventory of colors, sizes, styles on hand. The promise of ordering one-off from a website is the best option in my estimation.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!