Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New user from North Dakota
Unread Yesterday, 10:49 PM   #1
Ryan Johnston
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New user from North Dakota

Hi all, checking in from the flat lands. Still looking through some of the threads but wanted to say what a nice community here helping one another out! Here's my introductory spiel:

My initial research of the site information for serial number 240287 shows it was made post 1934 Remington period. It's barrels are 26", 3# 8oz, 12 gauge, and made from Vulcan steel. VH stamp tells me I have a hammerless Grade 0. The frame size is a bit confusing to me, but the firing pins are 1 1/8" apart. Please correct me if I'm wrong on any of the above, this is all new but very interesting to me!

I recently received this Parker shotgun from my uncle, my late dad's younger brother. It was passed to him from my grandfather, who received it as a gift from his father, my great grandfather. Great granddad even had it engraved "Bob from Dad." I am an avid upland bird hunter and my uncle wanted me to have it to use in the field.

I'm told that at some point my grandfather had at least the stock refinished, but I'm not sure about the barrels and rest of the bluing. Overall for it's age I'd consider it to be in excellent condition. Probably less so from a collector's standpoint, but I'm a pretty utilitarian kind of guy so I plan to at least do some trap and skeet shooting with it as my uncle used it, and maybe even drop some pheasants over my pointer.

This is where my main question comes in: the barrels are marked "Skeet In" and "Skeet out" which I assume means they are pretty open from a choke stand point. Can anyone clue me in what the "In" and "Out" are referring to though?

The only other question I would have would be on its approximate value. For me, this would be mainly for insurance purposes as I have all my firearms itemized with the insurance company in case of theft.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20241005_224120.jpg (479.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20241008_200113.jpg (488.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20240717_071305.jpg (493.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20241008_195920.jpg (488.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20240717_071409.jpg (449.1 KB, 0 views)
Ryan Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Johnston For Your Post:
Better pic of barrel markings
Unread Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2
Ryan Johnston
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Better pic of barrel markings

Didn't realize that pic was so blurry, but some of the markings are faint enough it's a tough focus for my phone's camera I guess!

Edit: pic not much better, sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20241008_215251.jpg (500.8 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Ryan Johnston; Yesterday at 11:00 PM.. Reason: Bad pic again
Ryan Johnston is offline   Reply With Quote