Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 10-05-2022, 04:51 PM   #11
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,870 Times in 4,754 Posts

Even though I reload 28s, I would have bought them. Even reloaders should think about what factory shells will sell for at their/our estate sales.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2022, 05:32 PM   #12
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,126 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
One of the sporting clays facilities we frequent will allow you to purchase the amount of shells you intend to shoot that day. This spring and early summer I was buying Fiocchi 28 gauge at 8.50 per box. A screamer of a deal IMO in todays world, probably picked up a couple of flats over the course of time in this manner. Weekend before last the Owner advised that he was unable to find any Fiocchi so he had to buy Federals which were a bit higher. He quoted the price of $15 and some changer per box !
My home range (2 sporting courses, skeet, trap, pistol) allows members to shoot either 100 bird sporting course for $25, as long as you don't look at too many show birds (ProMatic card readers). We can bring one guest for the same price. Shells are $8.50/bx, but you never know what brand they will have. They allow you to buy 5 boxes to shoot 100 birds.

I recently shot another local course and, because I was a non-member, it cost me $53 for the round, targets only. And, shells were $12/bx. I won't be shooting there much, going forward.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Hillis For Your Post: