Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

FINALLY GOT TO SHOOT MY HAMMER GUN!!
Unread 02-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
Joe Mason
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default FINALLY GOT TO SHOOT MY HAMMER GUN!!

My RTS order showed up on my doorstep friday, 12g 2 3/4 "pheasant" 1 1/4oz #6's for my 1891 #1 frame 12g hammer gun.. and 2 1/2" paper 7/8oz #6's to feed my ($235) 20g (1912 first year sterlingworth 20g 26" ic/mod)
i picked up 24 turkey patterning targets saturday morning and headed out to the range right after work.... the 12g shot like a dream and is going to turn the lights out on any gobbler that gets within 25 yards of the buisiness end of it... never had a good time patterning a gun before this one.... thanks to all you guys that helped with all my questions.. now if anybody could get spring to show up faster????
Joe Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,758 Times in 733 Posts

Joe,

Nothing to hunt here either! I'm getting tired of looking at the walls, but I can always clean the basement. Scary thought of finding what I could not and have aleady replaced. RST's are indeed a pleasure to shoot. I reload and can match RST's velocity and pressure which should match recoil, but I can not do it. They have the softest shooting shells I have ever run through a shotgun barrel. Good luck when Spring rolls around....

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,574 Times in 1,103 Posts

I like the RST's also ,about all I shoot any more ! Harry there is nothing in season here either ,Two of my local buddies ,myself and their two boys ,planned a nice Preserve hunt ,at Mt. Hope Game Farms ,here in Pa. ,Never got as far as confirming the date ,we got about two feet of snow about a month ago ,and it hasn't let up yet ,too deep to even consider the hunt at this point ! None of these guys own a Parker ,maybe I should set them all up with a gun for the hunt when it does take place ,and get a few more " Parker Junkies " on board !!
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,758 Times in 733 Posts

Russ,

I too was going to do a little preserve quail. The weather turned and we were covered in snow. We are having a thaw and most of the snow has melted, but I find myself with nursing duty. My shooting buddy has his grandfathers Parker two barrel set and won't shoot it because he requires a very straight gun. He has been looking for a nice side by side and I recomended he restock his Parker. Oh well!!

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,574 Times in 1,103 Posts

Good Morning Harry ,Just getting back to my computer for a few minutes ,We are still hoping to get the hunt in ,we have until mid April ,hopefully the snow will be gone by then ! ,We have really had an unusual amount of snow for our area this winter ,I believe we have broken all kinds of records for snow fall ! I will be glad when its gone ! Russ
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote