Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Cataloging Our Guns
Unread 10-16-2009, 05:41 PM   #1
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,121 Posts

Default Cataloging Our Guns

Trying to get over a bad cold today,and just sort of sitting in front of the wood burner musing over things ,the thought occured to me ,I wonder if the PGCA ever did any cataloging of the rarer Parker guns and the guns that were made in the lowest numbers , " Ex. 8 Ga. guns, 11 Ga. Guns , 14 Bores ,28 Ga. the neat little 410 Bores , AA Grade ,and A1 Sp. guns " To me it's always fun to find a new gun ,that is a little different ,especially one that hasn't bounced around the internet for months ,I think it would be neat to have some idea how many of the rarer guns are already in a collection and how many are still out there to be found. Do we have any such Data Base , and if not ,do you guys think the PGCA would be interested in getting one started ? I realize a lot of folks don't like giving out serial # 's but I would expect we could catalog a lot of these guns ,just to have some idea what is still available to be found ! Any one else have an opinion ?
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,074 Times in 1,731 Posts

Russ,This has been tried a few times in the past.Serious collectors aren't real quick to give up that kind of info.And I can understand why on any number of fronts.
Unread 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Ross Berck
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I dont know how complete but most of the rare stuff is extrapolated in the Parker Story
Ross Berck is offline   Reply With Quote