Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Man's Best Friend

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
A New Chapter Begins…Meet Mazie
Unread 01-09-2022, 11:33 AM   #1
Don Mills
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default A New Chapter Begins…Meet Mazie

Our healing continues after this past November’s trajedy and yesterday brought the best medicine yet. Meet Mazie, our 8 week old pup that is out of a litter from Sadie’s sister at Black Creek Kennel in Churchville NY. Mazie’s pedigree includes two National Field Trial Champions and numerous other field champions. I am looking forward to working with her on her hunting skills. My father and our friend that went with me to South Dakota were there with me when we picked the pup and it helped with all our healing. In fact our friend decided to also get a pup from litter and like has happened for many seasons in the past, we will be hunting brother and sister next season. We are already planning a trading trip to Gamecreek in Southern New Jersey next month to introduce the pups to some quail. February in lake effect region of New York State could mean lots of snow and having lived in Southern Jersey I know it will almost certainly be much warmer and free from snow cover.

This morning was great having coffee with Mazie asleep in my lap followed by some play and of course going out so often that having a revolving door would be an advantage.

Needless to say my wife and I are happy to have a Brittany in our lives again.