Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

What Happened to The Parker .410 At Auction post ?
Unread 11-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
Jim Kucaba
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default What Happened to The Parker .410 At Auction post ?

Here we go again ! ... This is ONLY MY OPINION , so take it for what it's costing you ...

Deleting a post that announces the availability of a Parker .410 at some gun auction is at best, a big overreaction ...

I'm sure that whoever posted the announcement didn't intend to break the rules governing this PGCA website ... He was only trying to HELP the PGCA membership locate a highly coveted Parker .410 ...

How in God's name can the announcement some gun auction be interpreted as the offering of a gun for sale by anyone ? ...

As members of the PGCA, we're told that the BOD of the PGCA fears that the ATF and or the FBI will will come down on the PGCA for offering guns for sale without an Federal Firearms License ...

Well, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, the BOD of the PGCA probably wouldn't, interpret the announcement of some gun auction as the PGCA offering guns for sale without an FFL ...

And I'd bet the farm that EVEN the ATF and the FBI certainly wouldn't interpret the announcement of a some gun auction as the offering guns for sale by the PGCA either !

Unless, of course, the Obama Tribe has declared Marshall Law or has repealed our God given, First Amendment right of free speech while nobody was looking ! ...

So why in God's name was the post announcing a Parker 410 at some gun auction removed from the PGCA website ?

Respectfully ... Jim Kucaba ... ZriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

"Those who matter don't judge me ... Those who judge me don't matter"

Last edited by James T. Kucaba; 11-24-2009 at 03:29 AM..
James T. Kucaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Kent Nickerson
Forum Associate

Member Info

I asked John in advance if it was OK to post the notice about the 410...but after it was up a couple of days and had zero replies, comments....I figured I must have offended the group so I pulled it off. Check Charlton Hall Galleries.
December auction.
Kent Nickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
Jim Kucaba
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Nickerson View Post
I asked John in advance if it was OK to post the notice about the 410...but after it was up a couple of days and had zero replies, comments....I figured I must have offended the group so I pulled it off. Check Charlton Hall Galleries.
December auction.
Kent ... I don't think anyone was "offended" ...We've been trying to get the PGCA Board of Directors to allow gun sales on this website (PGCA members only)for a long time ... But, so far, the PGCA Board has stuck to it's guns ... In spite of the fact that, like the PGCA, any number of big websites like Guns America and Guns International DON'T HAVE Federal Firearms Licenses either !

Jim Kucaba ... AriZOOna Cactus Patch ... Email: JimKucaba@aol.com

"Those who matter don't judge me ... Those who judge me don't matter"
James T. Kucaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T. Kucaba View Post

......a big overreaction ...

Couldn't be righter.

That may be the only thing you said that I agree with.

Last edited by Bruce Day; 11-26-2009 at 07:55 AM..
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Hi Kent!!

I think the reason folks didn't answer your post is because they didn't want others to notice it, so we had the "inside line" on the bidding But now you've done it - I'll be bidding against at least Jim and Bruce..

Dang...

Seriously - there is no problem at all posting up firearm at auctions and such, as I mentioned in my PM to you when you asked me if it was OK...

Kent - my best to you!

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 08:44 AM   #6
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

John, I'll bow out in your favor.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 08:57 AM   #7
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Bruce - I don't think you have to bow out, as my maximum bid is less than my shoe size, for I'm saving up for a DH 20GA with 24" barrels, round knob grip, etc.. - but I'm unable to divulge who the present owner is....

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 09:26 AM   #8
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

[QUOTE=John Dunkle;7806]Bruce - I don't think you have to bow out, as my maximum bid is less than my shoe size, for I'm saving up for a DH 20GA with 24" barrels, round knob grip, etc.. - but I'm unable to divulge who the present owner is.. John, I am sure a certain USAF Col (Ret'd?) might appreciate that fact- that has to be a very rare 20 bore with original 24" factory barrels- special order perhaps- I recently bought another older quality American Boxlock 20 gauge- with 26" barrels- 6 lbs. DT- beautiful balance- but I can't imagine anything shorter- on my 12's 28" is the minimum--wonder if Parker also produced any 28 and or .410 bores with factory order 24" barrels? And the supposed 28 gauge Trojans that Peter Johnson mentioned- any way of knowing if any of those scarce Parkers might have that 24" barrel length???
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Francis,We know of factory documented 24" 28 gaoge guns. I never looked for 24" .410's though.
Unread 11-24-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
Bill Bolyard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Not a Parker but it has 24" barrels and weights 4 1/2 lbs. Shot my first double on Grouse with it.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000319.JPG (59.0 KB, 240 views)

"Let me hasten to explain, ere the cat people bristle their back fur,that we have nothing against little kitties who stay by the fire and restrict their diet to canned salmon. Our members wouldn't dream of shooting a cat in the lap of an elderly lady sitting in a rocking chair in the front parlor, provided the window is closed".

Corey Ford
Bill Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote