Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Apologies to John
Unread 11-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Default Apologies to John

Early this morning I posted a photo of John with his eyes tightly shut and under the heading John sees no problem with gun sales. I saw John was on the forum and I intended to leave it up for 2-3 minutes then delete it. Well just as soon I posted it, Dean and Don added to it, then when I tried to delete it, the thread would not delete. I deleted the photo and the single sentence post, but the title would not delete and the whole thread would not delete as they had in the past. So what was intended as a humorous attempt at a friend blew up and caused him some concern and for that I apologize. John later told me another way that I can delete the whole dammed thing.

So here's the picture of John with eyes tightly shut and anybody can put their own damn caption on it this time. I'm sure not ever going to touch it again, although I reserve the right to have fun at my own expense and my companion's expenses in the future. Rest assured that I did not disclose John's feelings about the merits of the subject nor am I sure I really know them.

So here's John. I have little doubt he has some candid shots of me, just leave my main squeeze Nancy Pelosi out it it, John.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Well Bruce - of course - apology accepted... There are few folks that can "dish it out - and take it" in the same vein.... Let's be honest, many on the forums disagree about this or that. We, as a "community" - always have - and always will. That, in and of itself - is what makes each community "unique" - at least in my view.

At the same time - the manner by which we choose to disagree, and by retaining our manners and our professionalism, defines "who we are both collectively and individually".. And that is the "community" we are projecting to any and all PGCA Members, Site users and visitors alike.

At least in my world...

So - I assure you - your apology is accepted. Frankly - it takes more than a bit of personal integrity to apology in a crowded forum standing in front of your peers, friends and strangers.. You just did that with this post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
.........John later told me another way that I can delete the whole dammed thing. .
Well - until I post.. Then it doesn't delete so easily...

I might have forgotten to mention that...

HEH!

My thanks,

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,162 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Day View Post
... I have little doubt he has some candid shots of me, just leave my main squeeze Nancy Pelosi out it it, John.
Sorry - I couldn't find anything else but this one....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bday_nancy.jpg (35.5 KB, 150 views)
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,615 Times in 2,667 Posts

Now John, you should not have done that. Bolyard will get jealous and I fear he'll be down here in a couple weeks looking for me with shotgun in hand.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,240 Times in 12,378 Posts

Bruce, you're always the gentleman. . .

John, on the other hand, can and will embarass just about anyone with his photos . . . been there.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote