Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Thanks to all PGCA members who responded-
Unread 06-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #11
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Thanks to all PGCA members who responded-

Gun has been sold to a very good friend and a PGCA member-I appreciate the tolerance shown me in the fotos scenario, especially the kind words from Bro Romig-- Being a grandfather of four now (little Jack Robert O'Scanlon gets Baptized this coming Sun) has made me even more aware of the need to be patient- a friend once told me- Patience is being patience, even when your patience wears thin--also a hallmark of the late USMC Gunnery Sgt. Carlos N. Hathcock--lock and load!!!
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 08:50 PM   #12
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

I'm very glad to hear that "this site" is the easiest on which to post pictures, without the assistance of a third party. If this it true, I will buy The Lovely Linda a new car and see if she will assist me in posting a picture or two. Stay tuned for a few months.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
As you were- re: sale
Unread 06-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #13
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default As you were- re: sale

[quote=Francis Morin;44317]Gun has been sold to a very good friend and a PGCA member-I appreciate the tolerance shown me in the fotos scenario, especially the kind words from Brother Dean Romig- Sale is on hold, please see the ad For Sale in that sector of our forum-- FYI- besides Mike McIntosh's "Best Guns" 1989 4 pages on W> C. Scott & Son in the "Britiania Rules" chapter, those guns are also mentioned twice by my gunning God, the late T. Nash Buckingham- in the GBE book "The Best of Nash Buckingham"- as if there was anything else other than that from "Mr. Buck"--
Unread 06-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,238 Times in 12,378 Posts

Oh good Bill - A new thread where we can post pictures of our cars both past and present. Hurry and buy that new car Bill. How badly did the Toyota get banged up after ramming the "Slow Johns" at Hausman's??

This picture a mere split-second before impact.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0660.JPG (259.9 KB, 1 views)
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

Unread 06-11-2011, 11:21 AM   #16
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Hope no one was injured-

Toyota- just saw on the History channel- made in USA and has a higher % of USA made parts (here) than a comparable Ford product-- Whatever replacement vehicle Mrs. Murphy (or Murphey if you read carefully the foto captions in our Parker Pages) gets, I'm sure will be fine- If I had my choice, as with their beers, food and "Zaftig Madelen" (think of the St. Pauli Girl) I'd go German- Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz-- might have to unload a few of the double guns and Colts to swing that- guess I'll just "keep on a truckin'" in my Ford Ranger--

Out here in the heartlands, we call those plastic porta-poties "Johnny Carson Space Ships"-- "Heeeere's Johnny---
Unread 06-12-2011, 05:39 PM   #17
Big D
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,615 Times in 1,557 Posts

....And the guy who picks them up at the end of the party is a "Lavatory Retriever"
John Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Dog-gone funny
Unread 06-12-2011, 09:02 PM   #18
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Dog-gone funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Dallas View Post
....And the guy who picks them up at the end of the party is a "Lavatory Retriever"
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #19
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,873 Times in 4,756 Posts

It's been a while since I owned a German car, but I dearly love my German shotguns. Took a trip to Ottsville a while back to pick up my skeet gun which was in for a little project. Had .410 barrels fitted so I could have one exactly like Linda's. I can feel the time coming when the .410 will be the only thing I can handle. Last German car in the family was one of those "seller's remorse" things. Linda and I helped her aunt sell her one owner '55 Speedster. Linda told me the only way I could have it was to clear out some shotguns. In retaliation, and to avoid selling any shotguns, I offered it to a friend and fellow PGCA member who had the Speedster's mate in a different color. His wife gave him the same Catch 22 ultimatum and we ended up selling the little gem to a stranger for about a fifth of its value. In retrospect, I probably could have sold it right on this website in about twenty minutes.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Wohles gesagt, fur einen Iren-- Herr Murphy (Murphey?)
Unread 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM   #20
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Wohles gesagt, fur einen Iren-- Herr Murphy (Murphey?)

Ich bbin mit dem spaten J. O'Connor (einen gebruden Iren, Ja?) einverstanden, sind Deutsche hergestellte Schrotflinten formlos, zu viele Springenhirsche und das cheekpiece- aber groBe Gewehr K98, das von Herrn P.P. Mauser, erfunden wird, dass Schraubbolzentatigkeit ein Weltkategorienentwurf, der noch aushalt, dennoch heute ist!

Wie nach ihren Autos, die errichtet wurden, um fur immer zu laufen und mit einem Autobahn fur eine Testschiene, konnte wer um mehr bitten?