Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 11-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #11
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

Good day with the phez. We got 9 of the 10 we ordered. Incredible birds. Never seen such fat laden pheasants in my life. And in incredile condition with very long and perfect tails. I shot my 26" VH12 and did well. Have also included a shot of a very becalmed Lk St Clair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RF with phez mail.jpg (201.0 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Lk St Clair calm mail.jpg (106.3 KB, 37 views)
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #12
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

You won't see the lake look like that but a couple times the whole season. Of course they both had to come when you were there. Argh!!!

The ducks are there, by the thousands, all we needed was wind.

What's the old prayer? I think it's:

Dear Lord please send us some fowl and some wind.

Wait......On second thought Lord, just send us a foul wind, and the fowl will come on their own.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #13
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

All those vintage shells I told you about Destry?? Not a one of them would go bang yesterday! Primers are old and very tough and the VH barely dented them. I bet they'll go off in my hammer guns though, especially my Remington '89.
Unread 11-24-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Rich check your PM for arrival time at my house. There is a tower shoot Friday as well so bring lots of shells as there should be some extra birds around.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #15
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,168 Posts

Richard,

Hard to believe on those shells!!!! I hope you don't have the same problem with all those 2 7/8 10 gauge we did the trade on.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #16
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I would like to have shot them up here so I didn't have to cart them home. Now I either have to do that or bring a hammer gun down next year that will most definitely set them off. Oh well.....
Unread 11-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #17
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Had a good phez hunt today with Rich Anderson, Dave Miles, and Kurt Densmore. Kurt had a very nice 28" DHE12 1-1/2 frame damascus gun. Felt like a 16ga. Good Parkers all around. Rich had the Hollywood gun... gorgeous little thing and the O-frame 16ga hammer gun, which is a beauty. I felt under dressed with a V grade! We worked hard for the 8? birds we got. Rich's GSP's proved their noses once again and we all proved once again that we are indeed capable of missing a bird upon occasion. I'll have a pic or two tomorrow as will Kurt. I tried a vintage 10ga paper shell in my hammer gun and it went off like a caplock...click!...pause... baboom! And the barrel looked like it had been a black powder shell. Those shells are going to be fun on flying birds if I have to calculate the delay on firing. There can't be an stopping your swing with those puppies....
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #18
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

pics as promised. The hunting line and Kurt and Rich getting ready for the last run at the birds that had eluded us
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kurt Rich Dave hunting mail.jpg (390.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Kurt n Rich with cigars mail.jpg (454.4 KB, 22 views)
Unread 11-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #19
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Traded the Parkers this am for a pre 64 M70 .300 H&H and a deer blind. Saw eight does but that tag has been filled already. This was the most deer I have seen since the season started on11/15. Perhaps Mr. big Buck will show himself tonight.

The Pheasant hunting was difficult to say the least. Just because their released birds there not pushovers. Gunner worked one bird for at least 150 yards then it flushed wild....but we did manage to get that rooster as he flew back towards the guns. A great time was had by all anyway.

Rich have safe passage back to Alaska and we will hunt again next year.

PS That 10GA hammer gun of yours is nothing to feel underdressed with. It can have a home here anytime
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Those pheasants were runners for sure. I'm taking that 10ga home with 28# of ammo I traded from Destry... I'll be set for a while I think. I'll have it back down next year I suspect.