Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 12-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #11
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,079 Times in 470 Posts

Rasawek is one of my favorite places anywhere. I met one of the original owners when he was late in his long struggle with cancer. Doug Deats. Doug was an amazing dog trainer and an even more amazing man. The place he helped create (Rasawek) is hallowed ground for me. His partner, Don Parks, and the rest of the crew at Rasawek are wonderful people. I'll be there with my 20 gauge GHE in March.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #12
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber View Post
Rasawek is one of my favorite places anywhere. I met one of the original owners when he was late in his long struggle with cancer. Doug Deats. Doug was an amazing dog trainer and an even more amazing man. The place he helped create (Rasawek) is hallowed ground for me. His partner, Don Parks, and the rest of the crew at Rasawek are wonderful people. I'll be there with my 20 gauge GHE in March.
So you know Aubrey the gentleman with the German Shorthairs ? I usually request him or the lady from Charles City County that has the big English Setters . I’ve yet to carry anything except the same old VH 28 gauge 0 frame with 26” full and full barrels . Kinda like the 28 because it seems lighter than any of my 20’s and two boxes of 28 ammo is a bit lighter than two boxes of 20 . I was at Old Forge today shooting clays and got four boxes of 410 2 1/2” #7 1/2 . I e got an Iver Johnson Hercules 410 26” F&F I might just take in January . But I might use 410 3” instead of the short ones lols !
Unread 12-10-2021, 08:26 PM   #13
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,079 Times in 470 Posts

Yes, I know Aubrey. The Gal with the setters is probably Freda. Aubrey and Freda always help out with a fund raiser I work on at Rasawek. I’d love to find a 28 Parker. I’ve heard they are hard to find and harder to convince someone to sell them.
Dan Steingraber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #14
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Steingraber View Post
Yes, I know Aubrey. The Gal with the setters is probably Freda. Aubrey and Freda always help out with a fund raiser I work on at Rasawek. I’d love to find a 28 Parker. I’ve heard they are hard to find and harder to convince someone to sell them.
She’s I think the only one I’ve seen there with setters . Aubrey actually doesn’t live to far from me . He’s in Louisa county and I’m in the adjacent county Orange .