Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Remington Model 32
Unread 02-12-2017, 12:12 AM   #1
David Lien
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Remington Model 32

The boys and I returned from the Vegas Gun Show last month with this old gun in our take home pile. The nice old Gentleman that sold the gun to us stated that the gun came out of the BEVERLY HILLS area and the MUGU GUN CUB. The old fellow was associating the gun with the name Alex Kerr. Funny thing about this 32 Remington is that it does not have a dog on the side of the gun, also the gun is marked a TC Model and has an original (much used} hard Remington Butt Platt??. No recoil pad on a "modeled target gun"???. The stock is of the highest quality and highly checkered. Stock wood also wraps around the end of the trigger guard.The For-end is highly checkered and longer and shaped different than all other 32 For-ends that we have seen. Wood is original to the gun. Barrels are 30 In., and choked full. Chokes are short and quick. Gun shoots behind the beed and not high. I find this unusual on a dedicated target gun.

Not very much written information or books on 32 Remington's
Maybe some one out their in Parker Land can give us some ideas or information about this gun. This Model 32 Remington and the Parker were cousins at the time of this old Remington's manufacture.

Bottom gun is a Model 32 Remington Skeet gun Serial # 4458 (Note the dog on the side) and no dog on the Model TC gun.

David Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to David Lien For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2017, 07:15 AM   #2
Bob Kuczynski
Forum Associate

Member Info

for some reason I always thought only bonafied trap guns came with pads? since skeet was a low gun game at that period in time, only buttplates were installed to skeet or field guns, to slide up ones shoulder easily.

I was told that guns that didn't have dogs were guns destined to the custom shop for higher grade engravings or sold to buyers that would use them for award guns and have winners names or match names engraved into them at a later date. could this gun have been one of those? reason I suspect it is that wood looks like d or f grade to me.
bob kuczynski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob kuczynski For Your Post:
Visit bob kuczynski's homepage!
Unread 02-12-2017, 08:01 AM   #3
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,235 Times in 2,414 Posts

I love the Rem. 32 and that one is a keeper. I have a 30" 32 marked skeet and I might just dig it out of the safe to shoot some clays with it soon. Thanks for posting your find.
Unread 02-12-2017, 10:48 AM   #4
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,853 Times in 4,747 Posts

Dave, Alex Kerr shot Model 32 Remingtons in NSSA competition. Of course, we have no idea if this is one of them. If you get tired of the wood, sell it to me. You might put a micrometer on the receiver to determine whether the "dogs" were sanded off, or were never there.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,833 Times in 2,362 Posts

Somewhat similar gun at Cabelas Reno --

http://www.gunsinternational.com/gun...n_id=100688937
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Noreen For Your Post:
Unread 02-12-2017, 05:53 PM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,853 Times in 4,747 Posts

I have seen these unengraved F Grade Model 32s before, but don't remember where. I would own one if the owners had a more realistic idea of their value. The Cabelas gun and Dave's gun are both buffed up pretty well, maybe by the same "gunsmith". I would still like to buy Dave's wood if he replaces it. My Arnold Griebel engraved and gold inlaid 32 has wood more suited to a Mossburg.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2017, 06:05 PM   #7
Steve Hodges
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,213 Times in 895 Posts

I have never owned a Model 32 but have always liked them and if the right on came along I would grab it. I think for the quality of them they are undervalued, especially the skeet models.
Daniel Webster once said ""Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoemakers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but in the mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."
Stephen Hodges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2017, 07:32 PM   #8
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,787 Times in 3,967 Posts

i too have always liked and wanted a 32 but have not found it yet...charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2017, 09:07 PM   #9
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,526 Times in 3,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Dave, Alex Kerr shot Model 32 Remingtons in NSSA competition. Of course, we have no idea if this is one of them. If you get tired of the wood, sell it to me. You might put a micrometer on the receiver to determine whether the "dogs" were sanded off, or were never there.

Of the two Remington 32's I had for awhile one had the dogs polished off . I bought both from a friend . They were apart in a box , my friend told me before I bought them that he had planned to send the polished receiver one to Angelo Bee but never did , after I bought the apart pair I think he still had three or four more REM 32's .
CraigThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2017, 02:06 PM   #10
Ed Blake
PGCA Member

Member Info

A couple years back a small dealer (can't remember the name) in Delaware had a Remington 32 on Gunsinternational for several months. It was a trap model with 32" barrels and a straight English stock. Very pretty, but plain, gun that at some point had been redone. I called and spoke to Lawrence Delgrego and asked him if he had ever seen the gun in his shop, and he was pretty sure they had done the work. I kick myself for not buying it, but I had other irons in the fire at the time.
Ed Blake is offline   Reply With Quote