Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

Unread 06-18-2022, 09:23 AM   #21
john pulis
PGCA Member

Member Info

East end beaches are the best. Smith’s Point, Tiana, et al. Still go during the week to avoid the NYC crowds. New York is diverse:there are upstaters, downstaters, city-people, Long Islanders, and us East-Enders. We summered as kids way back when out in Springs, with the “bonackers.” Dug clams from Three Mile harbor. Did some marketing for Marders in another lifetime in Bridgehampton. Several real nice sculpture gardens.
john pulis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to john pulis For Your Post:
Unread 06-18-2022, 09:50 AM   #22
randallro
PGCA Member

Member Info

my son played on a little league team Charlie sponsored with his son. small world!
randall rosenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to randall rosenthal For Your Post:
Unread 06-18-2022, 01:21 PM   #23
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,415 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gietler View Post
What are you ''TALKING ABOUT'' ?

Harry
Harry, sorry I didn't see this. Apparently the new law stipulates that you have to have a permit to buy a semi auto rifle, and I'm not sure if that means .22LR as well. And microstamping is apparently in the law to be signed. They're now considering background checks for ammo for the next legislative session. This information is all second hand to me, and I have yet to verify it all. I sent an email to the NYS Rifle and Pistol Association but haven't heard back yet on all the details, and I'm sure they'll respond when it's signed into law.
Unread 06-18-2022, 06:28 PM   #24
Liftengineerdoc
PGCA Member

Member Info

It's an amazing state, with lots of geography. As a hunter ed instructor here in CNY, I've had folks from every corner of the state come in. We used to a 3-day class - Fri night, Sat and Sun when there was allowed a combined gun/bow event. A father/ son combo from Montauk came for that because nothing out on the Island. It is a small world!
Dale Soos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dale Soos For Your Post:
Unread 06-19-2022, 08:37 AM   #25
john pulis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Soos View Post
It's an amazing state, with lots of geography. As a hunter ed instructor here in CNY, I've had folks from every corner of the state come in. We used to a 3-day class - Fri night, Sat and Sun when there was allowed a combined gun/bow event. A father/ son combo from Montauk came for that because nothing out on the Island. It is a small world!
Not surprised about the Hunter-Ed. When I went to renew my decades old license, no longer in the system, I had to attend a one day course. They filled up within hours of announcement.
Unread 06-19-2022, 07:54 PM   #26
Liftengineerdoc
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hi John,

Until last year, I volunteered in the DEC booth at the NYS Fair in Syracuse every year. And we'd get accosted by people telling us we needed to hold more classes, with the same claim you just made - filling up quickly (usually within minutes of it going live to sign up). When we told those folks we were all volunteers, it usually changed their tone about it. It is a mostly thankless job, but all of us get some satisfaction from holding them. It has been tough with COVID, since we were prohibited from doing the in-person classes. It was interesting, as the numbers of new hunters was way up, with hunting related incidents at one of the lowest ever. My nephew and brother did the online class, and there was a lot that got lost in that format, but real-world experience is paying off for them both as they hunted last year.
Dale Soos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dale Soos For Your Post:
Unread 06-20-2022, 08:40 AM   #27
john pulis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Soos View Post
Hi John,

Until last year, I volunteered in the DEC booth at the NYS Fair in Syracuse every year. And we'd get accosted by people telling us we needed to hold more classes, with the same claim you just made - filling up quickly (usually within minutes of it going live to sign up). When we told those folks we were all volunteers, it usually changed their tone about it. It is a mostly thankless job, but all of us get some satisfaction from holding them. It has been tough with COVID, since we were prohibited from doing the in-person classes. It was interesting, as the numbers of new hunters was way up, with hunting related incidents at one of the lowest ever. My nephew and brother did the online class, and there was a lot that got lost in that format, but real-world experience is paying off for them both as they hunted last year.
It was nice to see the large number of younger people attending the HE course. Fathers with sons ad daughters, mothers with same, and a sprinkling of us older folk. The course was, for one day, fairly comprehensive. This was pre-covid. And yes, all very civic minded volunteers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john pulis For Your Post: