Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Opening day with the 28
Unread 11-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #1
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,380 Times in 2,457 Posts

Default Opening day with the 28

At the Vintagers in Sept., Mark Kircher and I had the discussion about how cool it would be to score on waterfowl with our 28's and Bismuth shot. I had never really thought about until then but the seed was sown.

A week or so later a package arrives with 3 boxes of 28ga. Bismuth shot, a gift from Mark. Then he posts his success on ducks using his 28 and Bismuth.

So... Fast forward to this morning, opening day of goose in Maryland. I knew that if everything went as planned we would be shooting over a pond with about 20 floaters and 75 or so stuffers on the shoreline and in the field surrounding the pit we were in and I could expect the birds to be at 25-30 yards, wings set, feet down and heads up. It was'nt long before the first group of 8-10 birds came in but they were on the far side from my end. My three buddies dropped four out of that group and I have yet to pull the trigger. Then 15 or so minutes later it's showtime. Three birds drop in and I crumple the far right bird and Bob who is next to me takes the bird on the left. By this time bird number three is beating feet out of there but makes the mistake of giving me a crossing shot at 50 yards. I swung out in front and with the full choke and 3/4oz. of 4's dropped him cleanly on the far side of the pond. My first hunt with a 28 on geese and a clean double. What a great start to the season. Thanks Mark.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0965.JPG (132.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0966.JPG (136.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0970.JPG (157.2 KB, 2 views)