Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

Unread 10-04-2011, 04:22 PM   #31
Dan Foley
Forum Associate

Member Info

I am specifically looking for any paper hulls in 16 gauge, 28 gauge and 3" .410 bore. If anybody here can help I would be very grateful.

Last edited by Dan Foley; 10-04-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Dan Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #32
C.O.B.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 6,320 Times in 2,082 Posts

Dan I have hulls in everything from 12 to 410 but they arn't paper. I believe the paper hulls that we were using came from graff & Sons at about .15 cents ea.
Rich Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #33
John Farrell, Charter Member #33
Forum Associate

Member Info

Look for the thread posted by Forrest Gilley on this forum and read the comments on his and others' experiences reloading paper hulls. There is a lot of information there. JF
John Farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #34
Richard Flanders
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,717 Posts

There's still quite a lot of vintage 10ga paper ammo out there to buy but Destry has put a serious dent in the national supply.
Richard Flanders is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Flanders For Your Post:
Unread 11-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #35
Rodney Short
Forum Associate

Member Info

i do it the old fashion way, black powder and fiber wads, with a very old roll crimping tool, all my sxs except one are damascus barreled i use both paper and plastic hulls, i also make single ball loads and buckshot loads
Rodney Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #36
Roundsworth
PGCA Member

Member Info

There are a few enthusiasts that shoot 'vintage' ammunition. They may save the paper hulls.
'Desert Storm'
'Southern Watch'
Mark Landskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #37
Rodney Short
Forum Associate

Member Info

check out ballistic products, they have all you need for reloading vintage guns, paper hulls, also roll crimper tools, wads, and cards, i get them from the canadian distributer in alberta, bilozir, if any canadian guys are on here, check out bilozir.net, lots of stuff on there, for loading modern and vintage shotguns, prices are very reasonable

but ballistic products is a U.S. based business
Rodney Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #38
Jeff Christie
PGCA Member

Member Info

I was born in Hays ( as I like to say- Fort Hays). I still have the family farm out in Gove county (north of you) that my great-grandmother homesteaded by herself after her husband died. The deed is from the United States to Jane Parsons and dated 1890. It is all sections, townships, ranges, and prime meridians as the counties did not exist at that time. The original house was a 'soddie' a sod house and from what I have been told very livable in both the heat of the summer and the brutal cold of a western Kansas winter. I understand Gove County is now great pheasant country. I have not hunted it since the early 70's. When I was a kid it was also rattlesnake heaven out there.
Jeff Christie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #39
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Christie View Post
I was born in Hays ( as I like to say- Fort Hays). I still have the family farm out in Gove county (north of you) that my great-grandmother homesteaded by herself after her husband died. The deed is from the United States to Jane Parsons and dated 1890. It is all sections, townships, ranges, and prime meridians as the counties did not exist at that time. The original house was a 'soddie' a sod house and from what I have been told very livable in both the heat of the summer and the brutal cold of a western Kansas winter. I understand Gove County is now great pheasant country. I have not hunted it since the early 70's. When I was a kid it was also rattlesnake heaven out there.
I visited Fort Hays in the spring of 2010. My grandparents always called it Fort Hays too....and sometimes Hays City. I had never been to the old fort before and I wanted to check it out. Some original buildings there. Custer was stationed there for a while. He camped about a mile away from the post along with his wife and brother.

I have sold all of the property that I inherited around Bucklin. Sorta wish I hadn't because I'd allow it to go back and maybe raise some pheasants. I owned about 200 acres, but not all in one piece. Relatives wanted to buy it, so I sold it to them. They live out there and wanted the land to make a living off of.

Can't find my pics of Fort Hays. Gotta be around here somewhere.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #40
Jeff Christie
PGCA Member

Member Info

I sorta did that. I bought all the rest of the family out as I did not want to see the land get away. Impossible to get back once it is gone. I may someday see if the state is interested in it for Public Hunting. The first time the farmer says he is no longer interested in farming it I am seriously thinking about letting it return to natural cover.
Jeff Christie is offline   Reply With Quote