Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-06-2022, 04:18 PM   #11
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

We do our own UPS and the driver stops by and picks up . But we’ve got an FFL and a store front .
Unread 09-06-2022, 05:49 PM   #12
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 342 Posts

This is all done to force you to get an account with either UPS or Fedex so all your shipments will have a record that ATF can check. If they feel you are shipping too many guns they will force you to get an ffl or quit shipping. The post office will still accept a gun from an individual as long as it is going to an ffl. You will have to show them a copy of the ffl and most dealers will not send out copies to non ffl holders. As mentioned earlier, defacto gun control.
John Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2022, 07:43 PM   #13
Stan Hillis
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 3,958 Times in 1,121 Posts

I'm ignorant I guess, but how did anyone ever ship a gun without a pre-printed label anyway? Every gun I ever shipped I took to a UPS shipper, who was also an FFL holder. They weighed it, printed out everything to put on the package, I paid them, and UPS picked it up next time around.
Stan Hillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2022, 08:31 PM   #14
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hillis View Post
I'm ignorant I guess, but how did anyone ever ship a gun without a pre-printed label anyway? Every gun I ever shipped I took to a UPS shipper, who was also an FFL holder. They weighed it, printed out everything to put on the package, I paid them, and UPS picked it up next time around.
I'm in the same boat Stan with the exception , our local UPS Pickup is not an FFL as far as I know ,I would give them my package ,they would weight it ,print a label ,put the label on it ,I would pay the shipping costs and the next UPS driver showed up he took the package ! No problems ,has this arrangement changed ???
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 09-06-2022, 08:42 PM   #15
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Up until last week,an individual could take a gun to UPS and they would accept it as long as you confirmed it was going to an ffl. Now they will not accept any gun or gun parts unless you have an account set up with them. They will not take a gun from an ffl unless he has an account with them. Fedex has a similar policy. Fedex recently confiscated some guns that were not declared as guns when they were shipped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John Allen For Your Post:
FedEX
Unread 09-07-2022, 01:25 PM   #16
Larry the Gun Guy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,554 Times in 380 Posts

Default FedEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Allen View Post
Up until last week,an individual could take a gun to UPS and they would accept it as long as you confirmed it was going to an ffl. Now they will not accept any gun or gun parts unless you have an account set up with them. They will not take a gun from an ffl unless he has an account with them. Fedex has a similar policy. Fedex recently confiscated some guns that were not declared as guns when they were shipped.
Interesting, because when UPS wouldn't take my shipment of a Perazzi yesterday I went to FedEx. They didn't ask anything about what was in the package and none of their check boxes ask that question either. Although, I did show them the FFL for the address. Even after that did the clerk ask what was in the box, so I don't know how they classified it. I do know it was just short of $200 to send it. And I do have an account at UPS. I know they did no training on their new policy because the clerks have no idea of what to do or how to do it. Even when you call in they have no idea and have to put you on hold to ask others what to do. What a mess...
Larry Stauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #17
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I discussed it with a UPS rep yesterday. He said the new policy is in response to unserialized "ghost guns" being shipped individual to individual bypassing FFLs. Both fedex and UPS have found undeclared guns in shipments. I guess they must run them through scanners like at the airports. The post office will still take a gun if you show them a copy of the receiving ffl. The problem is most ffl holders will not send out a copy of their license to a non ffl.
Unread 09-07-2022, 04:25 PM   #18
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,864 Times in 2,674 Posts

I take any packages to my local UPS shipper at a hardware store. They measure the package and weigh it, print the label, give me a tracking # and off I go to pay at the sales counter. They don't ask what is in the package. I always purchase insurance to cover the cost of the item. We'll see what happens next time I need to make a shipment.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 09-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #19
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,471 Times in 331 Posts

I’m a bit surprised so many folks on this thread tell these couriers what they have in their sealed packages. I do not recall ever being asked by FedEx or UPS, and if I was, “mechanical apparatus” was enough said. Flag your package as a firearm and you are just asking for a lost/theft claim.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victor Wasylyna For Your Post:
Unread 09-07-2022, 08:49 PM   #20
John Allen
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

If you don't tell them it is a gun and they find that it is,you will lose your gun. Both UPS and Fedex have confiscated guns and turned them in to the ATF. The UPS rep showed me the internal email they all got this past Monday. They are not allowed to take guns or gun parts from anyone who does not have a UPS account. All guns have to be declared and shipped to an FFL.
The Following User Says Thank You to John Allen For Your Post: