Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New User Help with Valuation
Unread 04-30-2024, 07:41 PM   #1
Rick George
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New User Help with Valuation

Hello. I am a new user - Rick - from Oregon with a consigned Parker. And I would appreciate your help to establish a fair sales price/value for this beautiful firearm It's a 1908 SxS V grade 16 G. Frame size 1, 26" bbl. In very good condition but like most doesn't have the original case hardened metal show. Ser. #147819. And a couple of photos here. I sure do appreciate any help.

Parker 16G fullviewrtside.jpeg

Parker16G shotgun.jpeg

Parker16G.jpeg
Rick George is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2024, 09:00 PM   #2
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,869 Times in 2,032 Posts

Biggest detriment is the Pachmyer white line recoil pad, may mean the stock was cut. Still could be a nice shooter. Need serial # to verify things like factory barrel length as original, original chokes etc. Originality is a big factor in determining value of the gun. You are probably not going to get an estimate here. Look at various gun sites for similar guns
Unread 05-01-2024, 09:22 AM   #3
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,925 Times in 4,781 Posts

We at least know the 26" barrels match the Serialization Book. Great gun if the wood to metal fit is tight and the barrels are spotless on the inside and measure correctly. .665 to .667 with choke at the muzzle.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
New User Help with Valuation
Unread 05-01-2024, 01:18 PM   #4
Rick George
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New User Help with Valuation

Hi Harold and Bill. Thanks so much for your replies. Very helpful. I will check the bbl choke diameters. I do know that all of the parts are matching serial #s. Do you know what the stock length should be so I can try to determine if it's been cut? And to Bill's comment about the tight fit between wood and metal - it's very tight and clean. The bores are also shiny and bright.

I do truly appreciate your help. I reached out to PGCA because in my review of the Parker section on Blue Book of Gun Values it was clear that valuing a Parker is not nearly as straight forward as valuing most firearms and estimating % condition. Thanks again.

Rick
Unread 05-01-2024, 03:38 PM   #5
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,925 Times in 4,781 Posts

Yup, in the Blue Book, your gun would be about 5% or zero% because case color is all the condition factor. Don't worry about that. A clean gun with no case color is still a good buy.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 05-01-2024, 05:05 PM   #6
Rick George
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thank you very much Bill. And is there an online site you recommend for establishing comps for this Parker? Gunsinternational which I use regularly didn’t have a 16G active. I found one that sold and have reached out to the seller