Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers

Notices

Unread 09-16-2009, 09:35 AM   #11
Bill Bolyard
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Collins View Post
Bill,

I understand your coment was light hearted and not ment to impune Shelby. I must add that he is a Southern Gentelman of a blood line that decendes from pre Revolutionary War. I am, however, often dismayed by his choice of shotgun after his forebearers had pointed him in the correct direction.

Kindest, Harry
Harry,

My family is also from the south. When I was young and could hunt, I started out with my great Grandfathers L.C. Smith , my brother chose a Remington 1100. My only explanation, is he really is not my brother. What is the old saying about the one bad apple in every bushel

Respectfully Yours

Bill

"Let me hasten to explain, ere the cat people bristle their back fur,that we have nothing against little kitties who stay by the fire and restrict their diet to canned salmon. Our members wouldn't dream of shooting a cat in the lap of an elderly lady sitting in a rocking chair in the front parlor, provided the window is closed".

Corey Ford
Bill Bolyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #12
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,757 Times in 732 Posts

Boys, the birds are still flying here in central Kentucky. I have had no reason to abandon the little 20 gauge Trojan though the birds are flying a little higher and when with the wind a hell of a lot faster. Took my limit yesterday with a few more shells than usual, but well under two boxes. Was screwed into the ground on several occasions and did make a few long high shots with the rear trigger. My horrid attorney friend telephoned about 1600 (that's 4 PM for some of you)and asked how it was and I told him that Ihad been in the field an hour and was about out with 12 dove. He was stuck at the office with a "big" case the firm has $$$$$$ invested in and could not get away. BooHoo.....

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote