Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Remington Parker 1988 AAHE
Unread 11-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default Remington Parker 1988 AAHE

http://www.gunsinternational.com/PAR...n_id=100214830

The ad states:

PARKER AAHE-ONE OF ONE! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL ONE OF A KIND BUILT BY REMINGTON .SHOTGUN FOR LAST RUN OF PARKERS, FACTORY LETTER OF AUTHENCITY STATES THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY THREE SHOTGUNS BUILT IN THE 1988 EFFORT TO REPRODUCE PARKER SHOTGUN,THE OTHER TWO OF THE THREE WERE 28 GA. THIS IS ONLY 20 GA! LETTER FURTHER STATES THE FINEST CRAFTSMAN IN THE INDUSTRY WERE INVOLVED IN REMINGTONS EFFORT TO BRING BACK PARKER QUALITY? LETTER SIGNED BY "JOHN R.FINK PRODUCT MGR. SHOTGUN SECT.ON REMINGTON PARKER STATIONARY, THIS EXACT GUN IS PICTURED ON PAGE 6 OF THE PARKER GUN COLLECTERS ASSOC. JOURNAL, ENGRAVING SIGNED "A" TUSCANO, THIS IS THE MOST SPCL. OF PARKERS! THIS IS NOT ONE OF THE "MAKE BELIEVE" PARKERS MADE TO LOOK LIKE AHE THIS IS THE GUN SPECIALLY AUTHORIZED & BUILT FOR REM-PARKER WITH "ALL" DOCUMENTATION
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Shepherd For Your Post:
Unread 11-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,064 Times in 1,729 Posts

Is that the Model 3200 single trigger?
Unread 11-20-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Not much of an AAHE.....did Remington sponsor a high school project or something?
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Remington Parker Revival
Unread 11-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #4
Austin W Hogan
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Default Remington Parker Revival

I won't comment on the gun shown from the photos.

PGCA obtained one of the originals from Remington, and sold it at sealed bid auction as a fund raiser.
Two other originals were shown at the PGCA annual meeting in 2010. The water table pictured is from the least s/n - "the first" revival, made for the boss - the chairman of DuPont. The second gun was unfired and had been circulated to gun writers.
Parker Pages has been working on an article on the revival since that time. It has not yet appearred as we are ensuring that it is authoritative and accurate.

Best, Austin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B WATER TABLE DSC_6779.jpg (17.7 KB, 426 views)
Austin W Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Austin W Hogan For Your Post:
Unread 11-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #5
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,919 Times in 537 Posts

How mutch is it????.......That seller has had some rare items but very pricy asking numbers.....must live in that part of California that adding a couple zeros to the price tag is not an issue....the old sayin ..IF YOU HAVE TO ASK YOU CAN'T AFFORT IT!!!!!!!!! thanks all SXS ohio.....(-: I own a one of one...yup...its the only one I own.......and it gets used dang hard and is priceless.....(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM   #6
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,623 Times in 2,670 Posts

This gun is XS0606, which was obtained by the PGCA from Remington in 2005 and sold by sealed bids. It generated considerable interest and discussion at the time and was sold to a California collector. Mailers concerning the gun were sent to all PGCA members and notices were placed in trade publications.

In response to one of our forum expert's comment about Remington sponsoring a high school project, I don't know if any of our members would know if they did or not and I am sure his A grade Parkers are better. But regardless, that has nothing to do with this gun. Austin Hogan authored the write up in the PGCA mailer saying " This gun is handsomely engraved in the late AHE fashion, blued and case colored with the character of late Parker guns. The game scenes are close derivatives of those on Ilion Parkers. The frame and hinge pin are faithfully executed. "

Bruce Day, Parker non expert and owner of a few old beaters.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 11-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
Fishtail
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

From what I can see in the admittedly poor photos, it looks like an amateurish job. I know everyone else can see all the issues, too, so I won't bother listing them. And why is it the 'is yours any better?' argument hasn't died out yet due to the sheer force of evolution? We lost our tails 15 million years ago.....
greg conomos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Michael Tracy
Forum Associate

Member Info

This particular gun sold at the last Little John's auction on October 26, 2011. It was lot # 751. In that description, it was listed as an AHE.

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.a...enum=1&lang=En

I am not sure how much it sold for but it wouldn't too hard to find out.
Hope this helps.
Michael Tracy
Michael Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #9
George Lander
Forum Associate

Member Info

The estimate was $25 - $50K The sales price was not listed

Best Regards, George
George Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
SXS OHIO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,919 Times in 537 Posts

I find mordern day engraving placed on reproductions of our most loved vintage guns lacking in style of days gone by and of the original work.....mostly too buisy, too deeply carved into the metal instead of releif engraved or the basic serface engraving of the old time engravers. The new work just does not look right and lacks the warm apeal and style of old time work. Maybe they try to hard? I look at some of coneticut shotgun examples with all that gold vines,ducks and sutch, way over embellished....not my tast at all! My most faverite original parker has a releif engraved grouse on the belly in a open circle....sweet, and has style of the hunter who used the gun....makes me smile...(-:
Kenny Graft is offline   Reply With Quote