Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 10-31-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
Rod N. Gunn
Forum Associate

Member Info

I checked the Member List and can't find anyone with the first name Cactus. Also, the site is not sign language enabled. You may be accidentally posting on the wrong BBS.
Dave Fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
C Roger Giles
PGCA Member

Member Info

When you shoot this gun DO NOT hold the forend tightly, kind of let the forend float in your hand. Also in doing so once you get the hang of the light grip your scores will improve.

Roger
C Roger Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 11:06 PM   #13
Steve Dumblosky
Forum Associate

Member Info

BBS? sorry, that was towards James T Kucaba, I think, this is my first time on here, i thought i would get some help on here. not slammed with thumbs down. sorry if i was wrong. I thought i had a nice nice parker that could last my son another hundred years but someone else thinks wrong I guess. As far as the advice, thank you for your help
Steve Dumblosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2009, 11:36 PM   #14
Ben Yarian
Forum Associate

Member Info

I am not sure why you think you are getting a thumbs down. As far as I read the guys are being honest and think you have a nice gun as is, and there is no reason why it won't last through many generations of your family.

Ben
Ben Yarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #15
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

To answer Steve Huffmans question regarding when the first beavertail forend was made I had to consult TPS. Page 145 tells us the term "beavertail" was one Remington used. Parker Brothers always referred to it as a "trap model forend". The first one made was in 1915 (A1S 171598) but it did not appear in their catalogs until 1926. The reinforced forend loop started around 1918.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Larry Frey For Your Post:
Unread 11-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #16
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,166 Times in 826 Posts

Ummm - it took me a while to figure out what was being said.. Steve..? James used a "thumbs down" as a "post icon" - rather than a "thumbs down" to you or your Parker, is my humble opinion. If you read his post - it says:

"...Looks like you found a great gun ... If the gun was mine and if it shoots as well as you say, I wouldn't mess with it ... I'd just keep it clean, oiled, and looking good, and I'd shoot the hell out of it ... If I did anything at all to the gun..."

So - it looks like you are looking at the post icon rather than reading his reply..??

Best to you - and like James (in the "..AriZOOna Cactus Patch..." ) I'd shoot the hell out of it as well..

John
John Dunkle is offline   Reply With Quote