Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 12-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #51
Steve McCarty
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed good View Post
mike: i am not anti hunting. however, i do take issue with those who kill just for the pleasure of it. humans, cats and weasels come to mind... has it occurred to you that very few other creatures besides us humans seem to kill for fun? ever wonder why that is?

and, i do encourage shooting clay birds with vintage double guns...great sport!
I believe that many animals kill either for the fun of it, cats chasing mice for instance, or for practice; as well as for food. In the natural world, ie killing by animals others than humans, is never questioned. We are just smart animals and killing is a part of higher life.

I love attending bull fights, but have only been to two. I've also been to many cock fights, but never in the US. Blood sports? Yep. Murderous? Sure. Thrilling? Yes. Does it bother me? Not in the least. Does the fact that i do not mind the killing in bull fights or cockfites make me cruel? Not to me, but I'm sure it does in some people's eyes. Tough.

If people don't like participating in blood sports then don't. No one is forcing them. However, if they ever get really, really hungry they'll change their tune. Even if the game is two legged with a crew cut.
Steve McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #52
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

mike: i started a new thread in the off topic section of this forum.

it is titled the mike and ed show. notice how i gave you top billing...

anyway, why dont we move it down there and stop trashing other peoples threads with off topic posts?

that way you can say the same thing over and over and i can respond again and again and we can have a wonderful time being redundant!

and steve, you can join us if you like, but with no billing for now...
ed good is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #53
Mark Brady
PGCA Member

Member Info

Wow, this took a weird turn.
Mark Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:14 AM   #54
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

ed you make off topic anti-hunting posts on others' threads and then talk about staying on topic here. Quite a contradiction.

Back to your anti-hunting feelings:

http://parkerguns.org/forums/showthr...ighlight=bleed

Quote:
charlie: may i suggest that you hunt less and shoot more. clay birds do not bleed.

Quote:
recently saw the nature channel program:

"the secret life of crows"

felt guilty and sad for the few crows ah killed when i was a young lad, dat new no better...

how olt are u?
So as an anti-hunting double gun dealer how do you reconcile your guilt over shooting crows in your youth with selling double guns, some of which you know will be used to hunt?
Mike Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #55
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

mike: response will be found in the off topic forum, under the mike and ed show thread.
Unread 12-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #56
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

ed you make off topic anti-hunting posts on others' threads and then talk about staying on topic here. Quite a contradiction.

Quote:
charlie: may i suggest that you hunt less and shoot more. clay birds do not bleed.

Quote:

felt guilty and sad for the few crows ah killed when i was a young lad, dat new no better...

how olt are u?
So as an anti-hunting double gun dealer how do you reconcile your guilt over shooting crows in your youth with selling double guns, some of which you know will be used to hunt?
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #57
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

and now back to the original dual topics of this thread:

The new crow killer - Remington 1900

crow killing: go to utube. you will find videos about killing crows. anyone interested will not be disappointed.

Remington 1900: it has been my experience that these guns are very well made and reliable. they also sell for significantly less than other guns of similar vintage and quality. i believe the reason these fine guns are undervalued is that typically, they are heavier and not as well balanced as the big four.
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #58
AmarilloMike
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:

Quote:

how olt are u?
Unread 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #59
Mark Brady
PGCA Member

Member Info

You're probably right Ed. I have a Joseph Lang 10 gauge trap/pigeon gun with 32 inch barrels that feels lighter and swings better than my Remington 1900 with 28 inch tubes. That being said, the Remingtons were made to compete with Bakers, Ithacas and others of the time. I don't know what my Lang cost in 1892 but it was a hell of a lot more than the Remington.
Mark Brady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #60
ed good
On Vacation

Member Info

mark: the others of the times?... circa 1900...most notably, parkers and smiths. and least we forget the lefever lefevers...course when you interject european guns into the equation, then everything changes...there is just no comparison.

its as if we were talkin about classic 1960's era american sports cars and someone asked: so how do they compare to the european sports cars?