Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Restored Sterlingworth
Unread 06-14-2023, 01:52 PM   #1
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Restored Sterlingworth

It’s been a few weeks since the Southern. What a fantastic time, as always, at Deep River! Below are a few pics of my restored $300 Fox Sterlingworth. Brian Dudley turned an ugly duckling of a gun into a beauty, and more importantly, a fine shooter. Hats off to Brian for his skill as a gunsmith and dedication to preserving shooting history.

The gun began as a well used 1912-1913 Sterly, 30 inch barrels, with badly bruised wood, a cracked butt plate and chipped toe, cracked wrist, worn chequering and F/XF chokes. I delivered it to Brian at the VGC in September. In April he delivered to me a gun with repaired wrist, repaired toe, very nicely refinished wood, recoil pad, recut chequering, chokes at IC/M and ready for another 100 years! I am very grateful and enjoyed shooting it at the Southern. I will enjoy it for many years to come. Thank you and well done!
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote