Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 10-29-2011, 12:35 PM   #11
Jack Kuzepski
Forum Associate

Member Info

Jack,

That looks like a R grade Baker. Although if your answer came From Daryl Hallquist, I'll defer to his opinion.

Jack Kuzepski
Jack Kuzepski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #12
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

I'll take a look at their site. Yes, you have the right Daryl. Here are the rest of the pics I have.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg salestuff017.jpg (145.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg salestuff016.jpg (150.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg salestuff014.jpg (173.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg salestuff012.jpg (150.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg salestuff010.jpg (177.3 KB, 1 views)
Unread 10-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #13
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default En route to you "as we e-speak" Mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Landskov View Post
Francis, information on Baker guns seems sketchy. Your 4 page article would probably be the motherlode of info compared to what I have found! I managed to narrow down the manufacture date of my Baker 10 gauge to 1893, compliments of Daryl Hallquist, who is a major contributor to the L.C. Smith and Baker fraternities. My 'New Baker' was a budget priced gun, $30.00 in 1893, but is very well made. The Baker company made no apologies for the lack of fine polishing and fit like their higher priced models. Mine is used, but not abused. It was well maintained and shows lots of twist pattern, with a bit of wear at the muzzles. It is heavy, and falls between the Parker 3 and 4 frames in size.
I made Zerox copies of the 7 pages, articles on both sides of 5 pages- on the Baker- send them to Mark as per his request- if anyone else wants to see this fine article from the 1989 Shooter's Bible, I'll be glad to make extras and send them along- via USPS
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 10-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,924 Times in 869 Posts

Be careful, that is probably protected by copyright. You would not be the first person here to hear from a copyright holder about possible infringements.
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Say what???
Unread 10-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Say what???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Lewis View Post
Be careful, that is probably protected by copyright. You would not be the first person here to hear from a copyright holder about possible infringements.
This wasn't copied from a book, it was copied from a pulp paperback Shooter's Bible 1989- millions of copies sold- and I never took credit for writing it- Dr. Jim Cassada, a fine Southern gentleman writer from the South- wrote it--how can he sue me for copyright infringement on something that public and that old sent to a brother PGCA member (and Veteran) and not done for profit- You aren't a lawyer by any chance, are you???
The Following User Says Thank You to Francis Morin For Your Post:
Unread 10-30-2011, 01:39 AM   #16
TARNATION !!!
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,371 Times in 657 Posts

Not a lawyer but look at the issues from time to time. Copyright is a complicated issue.

You not taking credit for writing it is not a copyright issue - that would have been plagiarism.

Whether or not a motive is for profit, it is the act of making the copy that is arguably the infringement.

Doesn't matter if it's a book, a magazine, a cd or whatever, copyright is held by the author. That person can grant permission for the work to be copied (sometimes for a fee).

Once the author is dead, the material moves into the public domain - but not until the author has been dead for something like 70 years I think.

Then there's the whole "fair use" greyish area

I doubt that the author will want to sue anybody over these copies and the copyright police won't come knocking but such remedies are available.

Pretty hard to monitor all the photocopiers, video recorders, mp3 recorders etc etc etc. that are an accepted technology. Probably a "bazillion" potential infringements on any given hour around the planet. How does anyone enforce that? Big time piracy for profit is the action most likely to be pursued.

I think the DI might say "stand easy"

Disclaimer: The foregoing is not presented as legal advice. No animals were harmed in the making of this movie. You may take this with a grain of salt - which is not presented as medical advice. Do not take this with a grain of salt if your electrolytes are out of whack.

Cheers,
Jack
Very much appreciated, Jack
Unread 10-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #17
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Very much appreciated, Jack

Wisdom and insight from the North- and 'stand easy' or the second phase- 'stand by to stand by' works for me. Now that I reflect- if I had just sent him the entire heavy pb book w/o Zeroxing the baker pages- no problemo- Just trying to do a fellow Veteran and PGCA amigo a favor- next time-- I'll just call him on his cell phone and read him the text- verbatium--