Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM   #21
Jared V.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Regarding the heading LC Smith along with Parker Fox; If you have ever typed LC Smith in as your search word on GB you can enter many different ways. With spaces between the L & C , without spaces, with periods, etc. Each one usually gives you a different set of results. I am sure it was Tom's objective to try and give the shotgun more exposure as most collectors/shooters I know who like LC's also like the other two. It was not meant to offend anyone....
Jared Valeski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jared Valeski For Your Post:
None taken here!!
Unread 10-20-2011, 04:56 PM   #22
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default None taken here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Valeski View Post
Regarding the heading LC Smith along with Parker Fox; If you have ever typed LC Smith in as your search word on GB you can enter many different ways. With spaces between the L & C , without spaces, with periods, etc. Each one usually gives you a different set of results. I am sure it was Tom's objective to try and give the shotgun more exposure as most collectors/shooters I know who like LC's also like the other two. It was not meant to offend anyone....
Lessee- Parker (OK Parker Brothers- Parker Bros.) Winchester, Remington, Ithaca, LeFever- all pretty straight forward- But you are correct- I have seen LC Smith and L.C. Smith (but not Smythe- yet anway) and both AH Fox and A.H. Fox-- also Holland & Holland and Holland and Holland Different strokes for different folks is my guess! All are good--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM   #23
MarketHunter
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,031 Times in 1,165 Posts

Runs At The Mouth,

You wonder why you get no respect on this and other websites......

Murphy,

Ed's gun was brand new in the box, I've seen it many times.

Destry
I was as virtuously given as a gentleman need to be; virtuous enough; swore little; diced not above seven times a week; went to a bawdy-house once in a quarter--of an hour; paid money that I borrowed, three of four times; lived well and in good compass: and now I live out of all order, out of all compass. Falstaff - Henry IV
Destry L. Hoffard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Destry L. Hoffard For Your Post:
Maybe I'm like the late Rodney Dangerfield, already.
Unread 10-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #24
Old and Reliable
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Maybe I'm like the late Rodney Dangerfield, already.

Destry, my Falstaffian friend, may I kindly remind you of the rules on the PGCA Forum- No nicknames allowed- we must register and pay our annual "tithe" under our real given name, in my case, Francis Morin.

Respect- funny phrasing coming from you I should guess. Tell you what- you find me ANY Honorable Discharged veteran from ANY branch of our Military to whom I have NOT shown proper respect here on the PGCA, and I'll reconsider your observations- maybe. I personally don't give a BRA about the other forum(s) upon which I may post or respond, they do NOT apply to the PGCA, and are either "Doonesbury" or "Pogo" in their comic scope and nature, for example- Homeless Joe et al. If you chose to take him seriously on the Forum where I post as Run With The Fox (allowable under Dave Weber's rules and regs) that is, of course, your option. But please do NOT disgrace the sancity of this PGCA Forum by rephrasing that sobriquet I use there with your "Hennepin County Windage" it isn't funny, it is uncalled for, and I try to show respect to you and the very few others on the PGCA forum that I may not personally wish to shoot birds with, because that is the "Guy Code" of it all.

Tell you what- let's make this 'respect" thing what the numbers boys call a "zero sum game"- I went to my members list and found that I have made 72 friends on the PGCA since I joined as a paid annual member in May 2009. As that is an 'open book" site on the PGCA, i went to yours- you have been a member since Nov 2008- and have made Zero friends to date.

I also see in PP you are an editor at large (don't worry, I won't take a 'shot' at that, tempting as it may well be-- But since that great article about the trip to Beaver Dam a few years ago that you wrote, I haven't seen anything. I get a lot of "flak' from some of the PGCA members about my "wordiness" and I accept that as one of my faults- But I had a PGCA member. who surmised I know a little about the Model 12's, ask my advice about one with an extra barrel he was looking at-long story short- he asked if I would write an article about the Model 12 and submit it for possible publication in PP, which I have, and Austin Hogan (and others) have read it.

I do NOT know, at this juncture, whether it will be used or not, as the M12 most assuredly is NOT a Parker- but my point is- if you are an editor- when do we get to see your next article- if you already have on "On Deck" with Austin, then- "As you were"--

I wish you no ill here- you are a superb wingshot, and if you do not chose to be my friend, that is your free choice- I offer my friendship openly, if refused- like my Grandfather said- "I don't chew my tobacco twice"- For the good of the harmony we need to grow our beloved PGCA with, let's leave the personal attacks and comments off the PGCA- The other websites (I am not a LCSCA or AHFCA member- so I don't post there, but I am sure they have the same "good conduct" policy as does the PGCA--) well that's a "whole 'nother ballgame"_ isn't it?? If you feel the need to "vent your spleen" against me, please do so on the DoubleGunWorkShoppe, where no one takes anything you, myself or Homeless Joe seriously--
Francis Morin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 10:01 PM   #25
Jared V.
Forum Associate

Member Info

Destry,
I value you thoughts greatly, even if you did outbid me on your Fox HE last year...
JJV

Last edited by Jared Valeski; 10-21-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Jared Valeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #26
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,080 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Morin View Post
Destry, my Falstaffian friend, may I kindly remind you of the rules on the PGCA Forum- No nicknames allowed- we must register and pay our annual "tithe" under our real given name, in my case, Francis Morin.

Respect- funny phrasing coming from you I should guess. Tell you what- you find me ANY Honorable Discharged veteran from ANY branch of our Military to whom I have NOT shown proper respect here on the PGCA, and I'll reconsider your observations- maybe. I personally don't give a BRA about the other forum(s) upon which I may post or respond, they do NOT apply to the PGCA, and are either "Doonesbury" or "Pogo" in their comic scope and nature, for example- Homeless Joe et al. If you chose to take him seriously on the Forum where I post as Run With The Fox (allowable under Dave Weber's rules and regs) that is, of course, your option. But please do NOT disgrace the sancity of this PGCA Forum by rephrasing that sobriquet I use there with your "Hennepin County Windage" it isn't funny, it is uncalled for, and I try to show respect to you and the very few others on the PGCA forum that I may not personally wish to shoot birds with, because that is the "Guy Code" of it all.

Tell you what- let's make this 'respect" thing what the numbers boys call a "zero sum game"- I went to my members list and found that I have made 72 friends on the PGCA since I joined as a paid annual member in May 2009. As that is an 'open book" site on the PGCA, i went to yours- you have been a member since Nov 2008- and have made Zero friends to date.

I also see in PP you are an editor at large (don't worry, I won't take a 'shot' at that, tempting as it may well be-- But since that great article about the trip to Beaver Dam a few years ago that you wrote, I haven't seen anything. I get a lot of "flak' from some of the PGCA members about my "wordiness" and I accept that as one of my faults- But I had a PGCA member. who surmised I know a little about the Model 12's, ask my advice about one with an extra barrel he was looking at-long story short- he asked if I would write an article about the Model 12 and submit it for possible publication in PP, which I have, and Austin Hogan (and others) have read it.

I do NOT know, at this juncture, whether it will be used or not, as the M12 most assuredly is NOT a Parker- but my point is- if you are an editor- when do we get to see your next article- if you already have on "On Deck" with Austin, then- "As you were"--

I wish you no ill here- you are a superb wingshot, and if you do not chose to be my friend, that is your free choice- I offer my friendship openly, if refused- like my Grandfather said- "I don't chew my tobacco twice"- For the good of the harmony we need to grow our beloved PGCA with, let's leave the personal attacks and comments off the PGCA- The other websites (I am not a LCSCA or AHFCA member- so I don't post there, but I am sure they have the same "good conduct" policy as does the PGCA--) well that's a "whole 'nother ballgame"_ isn't it?? If you feel the need to "vent your spleen" against me, please do so on the DoubleGunWorkShoppe, where no one takes anything you, myself or Homeless Joe seriously--
Sorry Francis, But what the hell are you talking about... Writing for the PP has nothing to do with this thread....
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:30 AM   #27
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,614 Times in 2,667 Posts

I reported the thread to John Dunkle and suggested he delete the whole thing.

Mr Morin can get a little wound up at times and stray off topic, he knows that. However he served his country well in the Marine Corps, mastered and made a career of the difficult craft of welding and pipe fitting in high pressure and dangerous power plant installations,and is a father and doting grandfather. If for no other reason than that he deserves and has my respect.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:56 AM   #28
Autumn Daze
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 4,048 Times in 1,727 Posts

I for one enjoy threads that show a little emotion and opinion even though most times they veer off topic. As long as they don't get abusive or contain personal attacks these type of posts show peoples true personalities and by reading them I can get a sense where these posters are coming from. We have many different types of guys/gals here who post for a million different reasons. I think we have room for them all as long as we keep it civil. I would rather have a little color in our conversations than just a completely sterile atmosphere. After all how many times have we been sitting around with a bunch of our friends just BSing and the conversation has taken on a life of its own?

John does a great job monitoring this site and he has told me on numerous occasions that threads with some personality will stand unless they cross the line.
Unread 10-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #29
Angel Cruz Ortiz
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,171 Times in 479 Posts

Now that that's over, back to my intended question. What if that was a VH found in such a condition? The LC is going for almost 5000.00. I would say such a VH would fetch at least 30,000.00?? And then, would you use it?
Unread 10-22-2011, 09:11 AM   #30
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,614 Times in 2,667 Posts

Angel, I can shed some light on the original question. The mentioned Trojan 12ga is an example. Owned by Ed Muderlak for maybe 5 years, he sold it to Mark Vollinger. The gun was an ordinary late 12ga Trojan, new in the box, never assembled, wrapping paper. He sold the gun privately for his asking price of $6500?, then Mark had it a year or two, then sold it at Julia's for $10,000. This was a few years ago during the high prices.

I saw a couple near new 12ga V's go for $12,000 a few years ago, no box no wrapping paper. There are substantially unshot B's that went in the low 20's. In this economy, my guess would be maybe low 10's again, not anywhere near $30,000.

These guns retain their value by their non use, and the wise person who pays a premium for a new gun would not use it, because there are enough little used high condition guns around to satisfy that urge. I own a new near high grade and do not use it and display it only in its case. An acquaintance in Virginia has astounding near new or new guns, does not shoot them, and displays them only in controlled circumstances and wears white cotton gloves. You have to be very careful because people will want to pick these guns up and start waving them around. I'll disgress a bit.... I have seen people at gunshows drinking Coke ( think acid) put the drink down on your table and start picking up guns.

That's my views, gathered by listening and looking at Julia's where some of the best pass. Its only part of the picture and others follow the matter also. I invite other's views.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post: