Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Poli Guns
Unread 05-25-2022, 04:00 PM   #1
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

Default Poli Guns

As there anyone on here that can give me an honest description/opinion of the quality of Poli guns from actual use etc ?
Unread 05-26-2022, 12:29 AM   #2
Dave Moore
PGCA Member

Member Info

This is a subject where I have more experience than most.

You cannot judge them just by the name. Poli builds a handful of truly best quality handmade guns each year, most are engraved by the world’s best engravers.They have also built production guns in every price range.

The best guns are similar in price and quality to guns from the other Italian best gunmakers
See this example https://williamlarkinmoore.com/inventory/itemid/6545.

They are also willing to build more popular price contract guns for any importer that comes to them with a list of specs and a minimum quantity.

They have been building guns since the early 70’s and in general they are all of decent quality and equal to any other guns that cost the same when new.
Dave Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dave Moore For Your Post:
Unread 05-26-2022, 01:52 AM   #3
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

So based on price alone you can gauge them against whatever Perazzi or possibly Fabbri you can get for the same price .
Unread 05-26-2022, 02:18 AM   #4
Dave Moore
PGCA Member

Member Info

No, you misunderstood my statement. A new best quality Poli does not cost anywhere near what a new Fabbri costs. A new, best quality sidelock Poli starts about $40k and compares to other guns that cost the same. A new Fabbri starts at about $175k so they are not comparable. We are talking about comparing guns with similar new retail prices, not what you may find a used gun for.

As I said earlier, Poli has made guns with a very wide range of quality with prices that reflect that. You can’t make a judgment of the company’s quality by looking at one gun. The Poli guns compare favorably with other guns that have a similar new price. ( or had similar prices when new).

Here is an example; a new CSMC RBL, a new Rizzini B BR550 and a new Fausti DEA are are very close in price new and are all of similar quality with similar build methods and similar shortcomings.
Dave Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Moore For Your Post:
Unread 05-27-2022, 05:05 PM   #5
Joe Graziano
Forum Associate

Member Info

This is one of my favorite topics. I have a few and they have quickly become my favorite shotguns. The quality is absolutely outstanding. They aren’t cheap but, in my view, are reasonable for the quality of the product. Just a superb shotgun. I won the 16 gauge hammerless, any gun events at last years Spring and Fall Southerns with a 16 gauge Poli with a Cole custom stock and 32 in barrels. It’s the best shooting shotgun, of any type, I’ve ever owned. I’ve owned prettier guns, and more expensive guns, but not a better gun.
Joe Graziano is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Graziano For Your Post: