Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 09-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #31
Twoatlow8
PGCA Member

Member Info

It is spelled Lehr he is an NSSA Hall of Famer. I am fortunate to know George and have shot with him. He is a Class guy!
Scott Janowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2022, 02:49 PM   #32
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,871 Times in 4,755 Posts

Years ago at the Salisbury, MD club, Ralph Petley was shooting his last round for 1000 straight in 12 gauge. A shooting buddy from my club was recruited to fill the squad and he was a chatter. On station 8 low house option, Ralph got a bird that Jesus couldn't have hit and sure enough, Ralph missed. He looked at the referee waiting for the "No Bird" which never came. My friend asked Ralph whether his presence on the squad had caused him to miss his thousandth bird. Ralph turned to him and gave him a dirty look and told him "No you didn't cause me to do anything." Ralph's wife was at the back of the field, too far away for him to throw his gun and have her catch it, so he reluctantly held onto the Beretta and walked to his truck.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 09-18-2022, 04:15 PM   #33
John Davis
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,313 Times in 1,239 Posts

Bill, interesting post you dug up.

"Oh Christ, just shoot the damn thing."
Destry L. Hoffard
John Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Davis For Your Post:
Unread 09-18-2022, 04:41 PM   #34
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

I'm digging up posts that include the Cliff Green Parkers so Craig can relive the "Old Days". There are a bunch of them.
Unread 09-18-2022, 08:17 PM   #35
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
I'm digging up posts that include the Cliff Green Parkers so Craig can relive the "Old Days". There are a bunch of them.
I hate to say it but I’m old enough now that I just might appear in some of the old NSSA pictures . Christ it’s been thirty years since I shot my last registered skeet targets .
Unread 09-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #36
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,533 Times in 3,406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Years ago at the Salisbury, MD club, Ralph Petley was shooting his last round for 1000 straight in 12 gauge. A shooting buddy from my club was recruited to fill the squad and he was a chatter. On station 8 low house option, Ralph got a bird that Jesus couldn't have hit and sure enough, Ralph missed. He looked at the referee waiting for the "No Bird" which never came. My friend asked Ralph whether his presence on the squad had caused him to miss his thousandth bird. Ralph turned to him and gave him a dirty look and told him "No you didn't cause me to do anything." Ralph's wife was at the back of the field, too far away for him to throw his gun and have her catch it, so he reluctantly held onto the Beretta and walked to his truck.
I shot with Ralphie several times . Bruce Evans , Rick Lowery , John Hannon ( my 2 man team partner). And Alton Jones from the Talbot Gunclub shot with us some . All jokes aside Ralphie came across when you first met him as rather abrasive , but after you got to know him he really could be a pretty decent guy . I wonder if he and John Jisona are still above ground ?
Unread 09-19-2022, 11:15 AM   #37
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Craig, John Jisona moved south and passed this life a few years ago. I lost contact with Alton Jones some years ago. If there was ever a bar that I was reluctant to enter, if I were with Ralph Petley, all of my fears would vanish.
Unread 09-19-2022, 01:05 PM   #38
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,596 Times in 3,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
I shot with Ralphie several times . Bruce Evans , Rick Lowery , John Hannon ( my 2 man team partner). And Alton Jones from the Talbot Gunclub shot with us some . All jokes aside Ralphie came across when you first met him as rather abrasive , but after you got to know him he really could be a pretty decent guy . I wonder if he and John Jisona are still above ground ?
There’s gotta be a great book in all of this. Sad to think so much could be lost
Garry L Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 09-19-2022, 02:15 PM   #39
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

OK, just for Craig, another Ralph Petley story that I have told before. This was also at Salisbury gun club. I was refereeing on about field number four, just to the right of the clubhouse. Ralph was on station one of the first round. He called for his first bird and missed it clean. Now Ralph is used to having his wife close at hand when things get tough. This is so she can catch his gun if he throws it. She was no where near when Ralph missed that high one. As soon as I said "Lost, option high.", his 682 Beretta went sailing past me at eye level. Since Ralph and I go back a long way, he thought I was going to catch it. Wrong. I let it go by and watched it land about thirty some feet beyond where I was standing. In today's world, he would have been ejected from the shoot, but back then, it was just another day.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 09-19-2022, 04:10 PM   #40
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

Who has the Cliff Green Parkers currently?