Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

this morning
Unread 10-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,799 Times in 3,968 Posts

Default this morning

just could not stay in the house this morning..at day break grabed the 10 ga lc smith hammerless 32 inch full choke barrels using the 10 to 12 gauge adapters..gauge mate...got to the woods at 7.00 it was just good daylight...the squirls were really stirring..i was hunting under a group of large red oak trees the squirls were busy in the red oaks cuuing acorns..must have been about 6 squirls above me i finally got a clear shot..the old lc 10 dropped him clean at about 45 steps...things were silent for a few minutes then i sawone running through the timber . i let go with the first barrel then the secound barrel..squirl got away clean..i then seen the third squirl raised that old 10 up waited till i had to lower that gun down...never seen that old fuzzy again...walked about a hundred yards and stopped up a pine tree the 4 th squirl went..thought for surei had him in the bag wrong over comes to crows out of range but i tried for them with no luck..watched the 4 th squirl run off as i loaded the gun up....but a good hunt any way..better than setting in the house twiddling my thumbs..... charlie
charlie cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:05 PM   #2
Double Play
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,770 Times in 635 Posts

Charlie, I can't say much about your choice of wepon but you sure know how to have a good time.
Larry Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

thanks larry...you know some of us have to use these oldwore out lc smiths...ha gonna get up and go in the morning if i feel like it...might use a parker ifyou think it might kill a squirl.... charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 10-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #4
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

got up this morning was a lot cooler than usally..looked out across the field it looked like we had a snow was the first big frost of the season..sure would like to grab the old parker and head for the woods..but alas have to help with thehalloween funtions for the neighbor hood kids..will beroasting hotdogs over open fire and a hay ride afterwards..what a man has to give up...such a good day for me and the parker..oh wellsome times a man just has to grin and bear it....hope yall are not in the same boat with me today.... charlie
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

Charlie,
Sounds like you have a great day ahead even if you aren't dragging a Parker around in the fields. Roasting hotdogs with kids and a hayride sounds as good or maybe even better. I wish I could be doing something as fun!
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #6
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

thanks robin if you lived closer you could come over and roast you a hot dog.....times with kids are precious.... charlie
Unread 10-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
Bindlestiff
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,925 Times in 870 Posts

Thanks for the invite, maybe next time
Robin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

a good time was had by all yesterday...more food and candy than we could eat...grand daughter let her animals out for halloween.. had a minuture horse with colt followed by 2 goats... never was there such a sight as this 4 some...here comes lucky the mare leading the way followed by her colt oreo....then bringing up the rear was lilly the nanny goat followed by sambo the billy goat...sambo would ocasionally take the lead with short bursts of energy followed by some of the mostantic jumping and running sideways ive ever seen....billy goat tried to eat the cup cakes up and luckey the mare tried to eat up what ever was on the table...a fine time was had by all even old blue my blue tick hound went on the hayride.....come toomorrow it will be back to normal me and the old side by sides.... charlie
Unread 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
charlie cleveland
PGCA Member

Member Info

went hunting yesterday evening for squirls..decided to use the parker 20 ga gh grade 26 inch barrels cly cly bore...used off the shelf dove loads in no 7 1/2.. thelittle 20 felt a little odd as i was toting it ..the gun felt like it weighed almost nothing...all i have been using this year for squirls was tge 8 and 10 bores...they will do the job...it was really dry hard to slip on the squirls but i did manage to get within shooting distance of 2 fuzzy tails...that little 20 ga done a good job on both squirls..they were shot at about 30 paces...i think i will try the little 20 again soon... russ jackson that little 20 is a fine gun thanks again... charlie
The Following User Says Thank You to charlie cleveland For Your Post:
Unread 11-04-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,421 Times in 12,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie cleveland View Post
russ jackson that little 20 is a fine gun thanks again... charlie
Not the CHE ?? Please tell me he didn't sell you the CHE