Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #11
Harry Gietler
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy G Roberts View Post
Can't see enough of the grip to say but that checkered side panel is not PB work IMO. No clue on the engraving, and it is referred to as high grade eh ? We have seen high grade guns with sparse engraving previously so who knows.
''THE SHADOW KNOWS''

Harry
Harry Gietler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2022, 06:14 PM   #12
edgarspencer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 11,545 Times in 3,106 Posts

Randy, if the stock is even PB, which I doubt, it would likely have been off a GH at the highest, IMO, and no Parker I have seen has been engraved at the factory like that.
Dean, I’ve seen lots of cases where the banner was behind the hammer screw but they were always grade 3 or better. One would have to assume this gun began life as a VH.
edgarspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgarspencer For Your Post:
Unread 06-13-2022, 08:30 PM   #13
Craig Budgeon
PGCA Member

Member Info

Author did not claim the gun to be original.
Craig Budgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Shooting Sportsman Parker pp40
Unread 06-15-2022, 05:05 PM   #14
ahfoxman
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Shooting Sportsman Parker pp40

I took a 15x loop and on both photos of the original rear trigger I can just make out the first character of the stamped serial no. as a 1. Now that is good info if the triggers were/are the originals and helps to date the gun a bit? I am on the hunt for my 30x loop and will keep you posted. I could grab a photo of it with my super critical Nikon SLR, but is it worth the effort??

I just did a trigger job on a BHE small bore, and after a bit of searching found quite a few original Parker trigger sets available. And no, they are not all created equal, at least in the case of double triggers, a 3/16" variation of spoon positions front to rear is about all I could find in the limited samples I observed. But, that was all it took to make the little gun friendly. I did manage to buy 4 sets of serial number matched assemblies/pairs, and only two were the same shape/location. The BHE I worked on had a front trigger that was nearly straight down as to position and a bugger to get my short finger out to comfortably. When pulled, it was found to be an original. A lousy back gives me too much time on my hands, so sorry if a bit windy. Hope this helps to clear the waters.

Last edited by Tom Kidd; 06-16-2022 at 05:00 AM.. Reason: Poor grammer
Tom Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote