Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Shotgun Shell Reloading

Notices

16gaugereloaders forum
Unread 05-28-2022, 03:55 PM   #1
Jim McKee
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Default 16gaugereloaders forum

This site has many discussions and excel spread sheets of many tested loads
I joined several years ago
Jim
Jim McKee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim McKee For Your Post:
Unread 05-28-2022, 04:43 PM   #2
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

I am not sure it's the same site but I downloaded this spreadsheet from a 16ga forum two years ago when I started reloading 2.5" 16 ga shells.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 16 gauge reloading recipes.pdf (222.6 KB, 69 views)
Unread 05-28-2022, 10:52 PM   #3
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,460 Times in 3,383 Posts

That’s quite helpful . I’ve used 7625 and Unique before and could always go back to them . I loaded up the last of a dozen or so pounds of 4756 a week or two ago . At present I’m finishing up my hulls with WSF which is also the first powder I ever loaded the 16 with when WIN brought the WAA16 wad out . If I run out of WSF I have 572 and Herco that are next in line . I’ve been trying to get something together using Red Dot and the SP-16 wad as I have a bunch of both and it would be nice to use them up instead of looking for something else . Pete you sent me the old IMR data that has Red Dot 16 loads and I’ve gotten a decent load using RD and the SP-16 but to get a decent crimp I need to add a couple red beans to make up the space with an ounce of shot . Kinda slows the process but works .
Unread 05-29-2022, 08:23 AM   #4
Harold Pickens
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 7,773 Times in 2,006 Posts

Pete, I have a file like that with 20 ga loads with all the various hulls and powders, it also came off the 16 ga forum. I use it all the time, but dont know how to put it out there for evryone to see.
Unread 05-29-2022, 08:57 AM   #5
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Lee Pickens View Post
Pete, I have a file like that with 20 ga loads with all the various hulls and powders, it also came off the 16 ga forum. I use it all the time, but dont know how to put it out there for evryone to see.
What format is it in, Excel, PDF? Can you send it to me via e-mail?
Unread 05-30-2022, 06:37 PM   #6
ArtS
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,011 Times in 396 Posts

I joined the 16 ga site not long after it was formed,both the site and the low pressure. Really liked it. I dropped out of shooting for a few years except for benchrest. About four or five years ago I couldn't get on. Their website design was so poor that you couldn't directly contact them unless you were a member. If not, and you tried to re joing, the email was locked until you were granted permissions. I eventually ran out of email addresses and nobody responded. Late last year I finally found someone who could help and after a lot of gyrations, I got back on. I was told the site was started and owned as a private concern, with a boilerplate website that wasn't very robust and the administrator was the owner who worked full time and didn't have time to do it. No one else had any site rights.

He died suddenly a few years ago, and his family continue to keep ownership, even though they don't keep it up.

The Low Pressure Group was a separate entity, started by some of the more serious members, and they did an incredible job. I don't check there very often, but I found out that they apparently moved the group to 24 Hour Campfire. Their forum is restricted there, and requires a password just for the LPG members. You join 24HC and then join the LPG forum. One section has all their reloading data. I've noticed since then that their data has been showing up a lot of places. I suspect the data will stop flowing due to the group losing money and donations to get the data,which paid for a lot of their efforts to date. Before they moved, the data was sent directly to the members who supported it, and I never saw a cop[y of the data bank on the internet. Now it's available a lot of places.
Arthur Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote