Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers Wild Game Recipes

Notices

Unread 01-14-2022, 09:50 AM   #21
Victor Wasylyna
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 1,463 Times in 328 Posts

I’ll echo Andy. Order a copy of “Duck, Duck, Goose” by Hank Shaw. Heck, order them all. His cookbooks are more than just recipes, they are an interesting read.

I also second the goose pastrami recommendation. A friend and fellow PGCAer shared some with me and it was outstanding.

-Victor
Victor Wasylyna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Victor Wasylyna For Your Post:
Unread 01-14-2022, 10:01 AM   #22
Andy
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,415 Times in 952 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna View Post
I’ll echo Andy. Order a copy of “Duck, Duck, Goose” by Hank Shaw. Heck, order them all. His cookbooks are more than just recipes, they are an interesting read.

I also second the goose pastrami recommendation. A friend and fellow PGCAer shared some with me and it was outstanding.

-Victor
If you order them from him signed they make just incredible Christmas gifts for your hunting friends.

Duck Duck Goose
Buck Buck Moose
Pheasant Quail Cottontail
Hook Line and Supper

His recipes are wide ranging with a very strong Mexican influence and also very interesting fare from places like Ethiopia and Africa, Spain. Authentic and while some are quite involved the bulk are very makeable as he gives substitutions. His Pheasant book is interesting because it's broken down by meat type (red/white/flying/non-flying), not necessarily bird type. So some recipes are surprising.
Unread 01-14-2022, 10:24 AM   #23
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,071 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton C Starr View Post
Has anyone tried making jerky out of goose? Ive had jerky made from just about everything even kangaroo to me jerky taste like jerky regardless of the meat used.
I've taken easy button, and used that high mountain jerky seasoning/cure and air dried goose jerky several times. It's just as good as venison, or any other jerky I have made.

I did kill a monster canada a few years ago, I could tell while I was slicing it up for jerky that it was going to be tough, and it was. Still tasted good, but that was some long lasting jerky.....
Unread 01-14-2022, 10:25 AM   #24
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,071 Times in 418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna View Post

-Victor
I have Buck, Buck, Moose..... Maybe my favorite venison cookbook.