Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Parker Ponder
Unread 09-22-2021, 08:19 AM   #1
Randy Roberts
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 5,669 Times in 1,861 Posts

Default Parker Ponder

Last evening I was able to beat the rain and get in a couple rounds of skeet with my newly acquired 1 frame DHE 20 ga. 2 barrel set. This gun was acquired as a project going in and still is. It was restocked incorrectly and converted from a SG to a PG in the process, also 2 BTFE's were added in the process to replace the original SFE's. Honestly the BTFE's while lacking any originality fit quite nice and do not look to bad. The problem, a good problem to have began when I started shooting this thing with Fiocchi 3/4 oz 1075 FPS load. Recoil was nil and target after target turned into White Flyer talcum powder. Now I am thinking I should hang on to this one a bit before restoration and ponder things while I shoot it. Take a look at the letter excerpt which explains the lack of recoil. I don't believe I have ever seen a set of 20 ga barrels with an unstruck weight of 4-11 which these have and a finished 20 ga that weighed 7-15. But then again I have never seen a set of 34" barrels on a 20 ga !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Letter.jpg (157.4 KB, 28 views)
Randy G Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote