Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Parkers in the Rock Island Premier auction
Unread 07-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #1
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,898 Times in 1,725 Posts

Default Parkers in the Rock Island Premier auction

A pretty A-1 Special from the Remington era, two Pachmayr upgrades and a 8ga DH straight grip titanic barrels. A really mint Trojan and a bunch of shooter SBT's.
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 07-26-2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Researcher
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,121 Times in 2,436 Posts

Those are certainly some terrible descriptions. But, they go well with the mediocre pictures. I especially like the "dovetail lump barrels" on the Fox and Parker doubles.
Dave Noreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Jeff P
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Lots of Repros as well.

The estimate on the 28ga VHE seems low.

The estimate on the 3 barrel 28/410 reproduction set seems strong.

Happy shopping !
Unread 07-27-2020, 08:40 AM   #4
Dean Romig
PGCA Invincible
Life Member

Member Info

Thanked 33,941 Times in 12,567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Noreen View Post
I especially like the "dovetail lump barrels" on the Fox and Parker doubles.

George King, "That's Ruff", 2010 - a timeless classic.
Dean Romig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2020, 08:51 AM   #5
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Thanked 1,006 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
A pretty A-1 Special from the Remington era, two Pachmayr upgrades and a 8ga DH straight grip titanic barrels. A really mint Trojan and a bunch of shooter SBT's.
Is that the same straight stock 8 gauge that Steve Barnett had ?

That William Moore 8 is nice also never seen a 8 gauge with a extra set of barrels .
Milton C Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2020, 10:28 AM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,177 Times in 4,897 Posts

Milton, the price tells the tale. It is the Barnett gun, maybe consigned by the owner rather than Steve. If the owner consigned it, it may actually sell. It will be interesting to compare the selling price with the DH 8 that was recently offered on this forum.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2020, 11:58 AM   #7
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 18,382 Times in 4,731 Posts

$50-$80k estimate on the DH 8g! What are they thinking!??
Unread 07-27-2020, 05:23 PM   #8
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Milton, the price tells the tale. It is the Barnett gun, maybe consigned by the owner rather than Steve. If the owner consigned it, it may actually sell. It will be interesting to compare the selling price with the DH 8 that was recently offered on this forum.
Do you know if that one that sold on here was the one that double guns of Nashville had on GI ? Crosnoe has a DH 8 with Titanic barrels also but they are asking 64k , it has a metal butt pad .
Unread 07-27-2020, 06:37 PM   #9
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,898 Times in 1,725 Posts

I first observed the DH 8ga in this auction at the Vintagers in RI in 2013. It was on display in Steve's booth but was not priced. He told me the consignor and he had not yet agreed on a price. I was manning the Fox booth across the aisle from Steve, I must have picked that gun up 100 times and examined every detail. It was the first higher grade 8 I had ever handled and was overwhelmed by it's size. I know it ended up in the collection of a PGCA member from there I don't know how it made it's way back to Barnett. I agree the estimate is way out of line but as we all know anything can happen in a auction with two motivated bidders.
Miton the DH that sold on this site recently was the DH advertised by Guns of Nashville for at least two years. My offer for the gun was rejected, the owner wanted 22K if my memory is correct.
The DH on the Crosnoe site is re-colored in my opinion and also way out of line at the current asking price.
I was re-reading Baer Parker book and he claimed 28ga Parkers and 8ga Parkers should be valued the same gun for gun, condition for condition. Interesting that ratio is still valid today in my opinion.
Craig Larter is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2020, 06:47 PM   #10
Milton C Starr
Forum Associate

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Larter View Post
I first observed the DH 8ga in this auction at the Vintagers in RI in 2013. It was on display in Steve's booth but was not priced. He told me the consignor and he had not yet agreed on a price. I was manning the Fox booth across the aisle from Steve, I must have picked that gun up 100 times and examined every detail. It was the first higher grade 8 I had ever handled and was overwhelmed by it's size. I know it ended up in the collection of a PGCA member from there I don't know how it made it's way back to Barnett. I agree the estimate is way out of line but as we all know anything can happen in a auction with two motivated bidders.
Miton the DH that sold on this site recently was the DH advertised by Guns of Nashville for at least two years. My offer for the gun was rejected, the owner wanted 22K if my memory is correct.
The DH on the Crosnoe site is re-colored in my opinion and also way out of line at the current asking price.
I was re-reading Baer Parker book and he claimed 28ga Parkers and 8ga Parkers should be valued the same gun for gun, condition for condition. Interesting that ratio is still valid today in my opinion.
I remember reading a post a long ways back on here of the owner of that straight grip 8 ga he said it was part of a collection or set he spent years putting together and when he sold it the new owner broke up the set/collection . It was on Barnetts website for awhile listed at 79k .

Theres a PH 8 gauge listed on GI the seller is asking more for it than what that DH 8 gauge sold for . Seems like 8 gauge prices are pretty sporadic .