Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

DHE 16 on Gunbroker
Unread 03-23-2023, 03:33 PM   #1
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default DHE 16 on Gunbroker

I don't post live auctions but thought I should throw out a warning here.

I was somewhat interested in this DHE when it popped up with the 30" Barrels and full/full chokes (sellers description, I know) I have been watching for a Grade 3 16 for a turkey gun.

In his description he describes it having a 3 Frame. Of course, this would be EXTREMELY unusual. While his lists the serial # I wanted to confirm what was on the lug and whether or not that is the actual serial number. Needless to say, I'd say stay away. All of his responses to my question and subsequent conversation were very rude. Too bad, the wood is pretty pedestrian but it would check the rest of the boxes. Only 303 in this configuration according to TPS. Maybe someone can chime in on whether or not it had been restocked though?

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/977644264
Ryan Brege is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan Brege For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2023, 05:45 PM   #2
Bruce P Bruner
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,941 Times in 361 Posts

Interesting gun, a pre-Remington with double triggers. I viewed it early this morning. Comparing the barrel blue and remaining furniture finish it appears reasonable. Why there is no remaining case color, even in the protected areas is somewhat odd, I suppose it's possible.
Restocked? Can't possibly know without looking under the trigger guard. It looks well fit to me.
He is probably referring to the grade when he says it's a 3 frame. I had a discussion today with a member here speculating what value one could assign on it.
I like the gun but I really try to obtain nice Parker's for much less than market values. That's how I roll. If finances were of no concern I'd just buy it now.
The asking price isn't absurd, it's just more than I would pay.
The ones that get my attention have original blue on the trigger guard and the skeleton butt and lots of case color. There are some quality Parker's that have those qualities with similar pricing, though not in 16 gauge.
Without having the gun in hand it's always risky, especially when the auction terms are "AS IS - No refund or exchange".
Rare gun in that configuration. I wish I had the disposable income to to throw.
Bruce P Bruner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce P Bruner For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2023, 05:53 PM   #3
Craig Larter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 10,406 Times in 1,645 Posts

Nice original condition in my opinion. It no 3 frame inmy opinion. Seems like a fair price for a 30" DHE made in a great era for engraving.
Craig Larter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Larter For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2023, 05:55 PM   #4
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce P Bruner View Post
Interesting gun, a pre-Remington with double triggers. I viewed it early this morning. Comparing the barrel blue and remaining furniture finish it appears reasonable. Why there is no remaining case color, even in the protected areas is somewhat odd, I suppose it's possible.
Restocked? Can't possibly know without looking under the trigger guard. It looks well fit to me.
He is probably referring to the grade when he says it's a 3 frame. I had a discussion today with a member here speculating what value one could assign on it.
I like the gun but I really try to obtain nice Parker's for much less than market values. That's how I roll. If finances were of no concern I'd just buy it now.
The asking price isn't absurd, it's just more than I would pay.
The ones that get my attention have original blue on the trigger guard and the skeleton butt and lots of case color. There are some quality Parker's that have those qualities with similar pricing, though not in 16 gauge.
Without having the gun in hand it's always risky, especially when the auction terms are "AS IS - No refund or exchange".
Rare gun in that configuration. I wish I had the disposable income to to throw.
Agree on all accounts. That's why I put this out there. One would think anyone selling a 8K shotgun would communicate with some semblance of respect. I am sure someone will come along and say "buy the gun, not the seller" but I don't subscribe to that philosophy.

I am with you, I look for things under market price to avoid being upside down but this one came close to throwing caution to the wind. Buyer beware....
Unread 03-23-2023, 06:24 PM   #5
Reggie B
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 3,455 Times in 1,368 Posts

It’s not a high original condition gun, but it does appear original. If you like it buy it. You will miss owning a lot of nice guns if you are only looking for sellers who don’t know the value of what they are selling.
Unread 03-23-2023, 06:36 PM   #6
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

I know Nothing of this seller and am not in any way down grading the firearm he is selling or his Business Ethics but when any seller on any site Posts " AS IS No Return or Exchange " it Posts a Huge Red Flag for me ! Some blame this on the firearm being a consignment but ,they need to clarify this with the Consignee in my opinion and not with the buyer ! It is very seldom I would ever consider a purchase if there was a No Return Policy unless I had done quite a bit of business with them and had complete trust in them or they were selling it for the price of parts ! Just my 2 Cents !
Russ Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 03-23-2023, 06:42 PM   #7
78CJ
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have sold a lot of firearms online, and bought a bunch. I posted this because the As Is combined with the terribly negative communications with the seller are serious red flags. Just trying to help out.
Unread 03-23-2023, 08:13 PM   #8
kirbylawson
Forum Associate

Member Info

Updated Pictures:
1-Frame
kirbylawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2023, 11:14 PM   #9
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,527 Times in 3,401 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbylawson View Post
Updated Pictures:
1-Frame
Yes I saw the picture showing it as a 1 frame also . I suspect this guy thinks the 3 on the water table means 3 frame .
Unread 03-24-2023, 10:36 AM   #10
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

A little refreshing on the wood and the gun would show nicely. He’s excluded buyers in many States including mine—New Jersey! It must be solely on the basis that he doesn’t like states that have more stringent gun laws. California requires, perhaps, one additional step if the receiving dealer won’t accept your drivers license! But the rest are the same as every other state. His feedback, however, is excellent.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote