Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 03-27-2023, 03:59 PM   #11
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,898 Times in 2,687 Posts

COCKED, LOCKED AND READY TO ROCK, DOC!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download (3).jpg (9.0 KB, 124 views)
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Hammer Gun Challenge
Unread 03-27-2023, 04:29 PM   #12
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,297 Times in 629 Posts

Default Hammer Gun Challenge

Mills,

please forgive me if I missed this somewhere, is there a time established for the Hammer Gun shoot off?
Or is there not a shoot off per se like the Main event on Saturday?

I'm hoping to try my hand in the hammer gun event if I can convince my co-travellers to hang around long enough

Stan
Stan Hoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2023, 04:35 PM   #13
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,532 Times in 3,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hoover View Post
Mills,

please forgive me if I missed this somewhere, is there a time established for the Hammer Gun shoot off?
Or is there not a shoot off per se like the Main event on Saturday?

I'm hoping to try my hand in the hammer gun event if I can convince my co-travellers to hang around long enough

Stan
You know that’ll be on Sunday Stan .
Unread 03-27-2023, 04:37 PM   #14
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,532 Times in 3,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills Morrison View Post
These are not official organization events, yet. But I am posting and encourage all to participate.

2023 Parker Brothers vs. LC Smith 16 & 20-bore Challenge

In order to add excitement and enhance one’s overall shooting opportunities and experiences during the annual L.C. Smith vs. Parker Challenge Event celebration, arrangements have been made for the Deep River five-stand fields to be open all day Thursday (4/27/23) to provide a bit of friendly competition for those members who love and appreciate the challenge of shooting small-bore L.C. Smith and Parker guns. Event descriptions, details, and rules for both venues are identical, and are as noted below:

Where: The Deep River Sporting Clays Dove Field; both events to be supervised and managed by trapper RICK HEMINGWAY of Back Woods Quail.

Time Frame: Thursday April 27, 2023 from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM

Shooters have the option to enter one or both events. Please note that only 16 and 20 gauge L.C. Smith and Parkers Brothers shotguns may be used; and the competition is open to both hammer and hammerless models. Modified guns are allowed; although all modified guns must be permanently chambered. Shot size is limited to No.’s 7.5, 8, or 9 with max shot loads limited as follows: 16 gauge @ 1oz; and 20 gauge @ 7/8oz.

Participants may enter one or both venues as many times as desired with that shooter’s best score in each venue used to determine a final qualifying score. Participants are welcomed and encouraged to shoot as many times as desired in an effort to qualify. The total top five (5) scores from Parker and LC Smith will represent the two teams, high score wins, there’ll be no shoot off.

The winning team will be awarded the perpetual trophy for each event which will be engraved with the name of the winning team at a later date. Team and individual awards will be awarded Saturday afternoon (4/29) in conjunction with the Challenge Cup awards ceremony.

This is not an LCSCA/PGCA sponsored event; therefore there are no entry fees for these events. Simply pay Mr. Hemingway (or his designated party) the required target fee at registration; that fee being set at $25 per round of 30 targets. To eliminate confusion, signs will be posted in front of the five- stand field being used and designated for each event

The qualifying events will consist of 30 targets to be fired as follows: two report pairs and one true pair. Score sheets will be maintained by the trapper at the registration tent; therefore, when a shooter registers and pays his targets fee, he must be sure to give the trapper his name and the name of the Organization for which he is shooting. Additionally, it’s the shooter’s responsibility to make sure they are shooting at the correct five-stand field.
Normal shooting event safety rules apply (eye and ear protection, etc.) and will conform to those promulgated by the Deep River Shooting School. Remember these events are solely for fun and bragging rights amongst friends, so please be there early; join in the fun and participate in some very challenging and exciting small-bore competition!
I was told earlier that there would be a 10 gauge preliminary event this year has that gone down the drain now ?
Unread 03-27-2023, 04:55 PM   #15
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
You know that’ll be on Sunday Stan .
I am aware of that Craig but thanks for checking,

The youth will be along this spring and they really would like to be back to be with their friends at some point Sunday.

Every year either myself or a fellow shooter needs to be back for Sunday, this year there's nothing, except three young men who have other friends who are more important than you and me

Stan
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan Hoover For Your Post:
Unread 03-27-2023, 04:59 PM   #16
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

There is no shoot-off for the hammer gun event. Straight up top 5 or 10 scores per team from the qualifier determine the winning team.

I think I saw that the 10g Challenge is shot on Thursday as well as the 20 and 16. At least that's what the plan was. If there's no 10g Challenge it will be nice to know because I can leave the 10g at home. I was going to shoot the American Classic 10g hammer event but since there's a Super Sporting event my plan has changed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Unread 03-27-2023, 05:01 PM   #17
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Tell Shane if he shoots for Parker we can forgive his wanting to get back early to see the girlfriend. That goes for any multi-day event. PARKER. Just sayin'.
Unread 03-27-2023, 05:05 PM   #18
Stan Hoover
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Tell Shane if he shoots for Parker we can forgive his wanting to get back early to see the girlfriend. That goes for any multi-day event. PARKER. Just sayin'.
We'll see if he buys that Mike

Thanks for the clarification on the Hammer event!

Stan
The Following User Says Thank You to Stan Hoover For Your Post:
Unread 03-27-2023, 05:24 PM   #19
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Tell him chicks dig Parker shooters and scoff at Faux shooters!! Just sayin'.
Unread 03-27-2023, 07:31 PM   #20
Mills
PGCA Lifetime Member
Since 3rd Grade

Member Info

Thanked 12,342 Times in 4,421 Posts

You can shoot your 10 in the main challenge if there is no 10 gauge event. Just sayin. I did that one year and 50 targets with a 10 gauge was a charge