Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Unread 06-05-2023, 01:52 PM   #31
6pt-Sika
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 7,458 Times in 3,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hoover View Post
(The top 5 scores in the Main were ALL shot by Parkers.) As quoted by Mike!

Slow down there Mike, there were 4 fellows shooting Ithaca's that were either tied or higher than your 5th Parker shooter

I'll let you guess who would have been the winning Manufacturer if Mario Barchiesi had not been shooting a Parker

Just saying
You guys definitely had “youth” on your side
Unread 06-05-2023, 05:23 PM   #32
mobirdhunter
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,470 Times in 3,042 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigThompson View Post
You guys definitely had “youth” on your side
And how good to see younger folks there.
Garry L Gordon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Garry L Gordon For Your Post:
Unread 06-05-2023, 07:00 PM   #33
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Does anyone know who the professional photographer(s) were working for and where those pictures will end up?
Unread 06-05-2023, 07:10 PM   #34
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,674 Times in 2,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
Participation is down in all clay target sports and has been since the pandemic started. I see it at my club where I shoot and where I have run Wed evening trap for over 35 years. Participation is well documented and is down in all registered shooting as well. Much it has been blamed on the lack of availability of ammo and components and the high inflation of prices on components and ammo. Components and ammo are starting to be more available but prices haven't really come down much, (think about the difference in cost for factory low pressure ammo from 2019 to 2023). I was talking with the gentleman in the registration booth at HHH just before the awards and raffle. He said attendance was down and overall the people in attendance were not shooting as much. It really shouldn't be surprising to see what has affected all clay shooting sports is affecting this and other vintage double shoots.

Pete, here at The Rock numbers have been up high since the two month Draconian shut-down in March-April 2020. Foot traffic is strong, fun shoots draw good numbers and corporate/fundraising events are so busy we have to use 25 stations and for some events an AM and PM rotation. Ammo has been easy to find for over a year (except for 16g) and that’s beginning to change.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 06-05-2023, 07:11 PM   #35
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
Does anyone know who the professional photographer(s) were working for and where those pictures will end up?
They will be using the photos and video on the HHHSC website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Unread 06-05-2023, 07:32 PM   #36
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
Pete, here at The Rock numbers have been up high since the two month Draconian shut-down in March-April 2020. Foot traffic is strong, fun shoots draw good numbers and corporate/fundraising events are so busy we have to use 25 stations and for some events an AM and PM rotation. Ammo has been easy to find for over a year (except for 16g) and that’s beginning to change.
You are fortunate and bucking the trend. Trap and Skeet participation remains down at my club. ATA and NSSF shoots are not as well attended as they once were. Ammo availability is better in my area but very pricey. You might have to shoot another brand rather than what you might like, Gun Club vs. Top Gun vs. Winchester Super Sport, all about $90 a flat. Premium ammo like STS and AA is harder find and quite bit more money. For the reloader powder is limited on store shelves to mostly 1 pound bottles in a limited variety at very high prices $43 to $52. Locally lead is about $78 a bag in very limited quantities. Our club sells ammo to shooters to use but not take home and not trying to profit from it, $10 to $13 a box depending on brand and gauge.
Unread 06-05-2023, 10:32 PM   #37
Steiner
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,009 Times in 457 Posts

I was there from Thursday afternoon through Saturday and then shot a round at Rock Mountain on Sunday before driving 7.5 hours home. I had a fantastic time shooting and spending time with friends, meeting new friends and continuing to learn about these wonderful guns. Besides the courses and a great 5 stand Daryl and a lot of the "Fox" guys work their butts off to provide some unique, fun and incredibly challenging shooting opportunities. If the Good Lord is willing, I'll be back next year.
Dan Steingraber is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2023, 11:31 PM   #38
Cold Spring
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 6,244 Times in 1,201 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Koneski View Post
I live nearby the Rock and shoot there once or twice a week, year round, with a regular group of friends. I've been shooting sporting at the Rock for almost 25 years now beginning with its original owner and thus have a good handle on shooter number progression and trends at the facility. All that Mike wrote is true. Mike, Susan and Tad own a top shelf and very welcoming club and they set excellent targets and change the presentations often. They also keep making improvements as with the satellite/subgauge woods course that was in disuse when they bought the facility, constant trap improvements, now three traps per station, initiating the super sporting concept, new electronic clickers, constant landscape, habitat and roadway inprovements, etc. It’s no wonder to me that the Rock is the place to be for the many who are into sporting clays. Are all things more expensive than in the past? Yes of course and that’s not likely to revert. Grin and bear it.
Frank Srebro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Frank Srebro For Your Post:
Unread 06-06-2023, 12:45 AM   #39
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

I would like to Thank everyone for their response to my pour me question. The answer is in my shell pallets. I still have a few of the 60 flats at $30 a flat. Some Gun Club $56 a flat receipt from June 2017 I kept because its 12 feet long $60 a flat.The last $80 a flat.I don't shoot ! (another story) I was at a shoot in late April (a lot of yall were there) $180 a flat. It's not just shells it's EVERYTHING ! There was a lot more money at my house 5 years ago than there is today.I will take a steak over a mess of Clay Birds any meal.Old saying: You never know a hayday till it has passed. I pray I am WRONG !
Mark Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark Britton For Your Post:
Unread 06-07-2023, 11:12 AM   #40
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The "specialty" ammo will definitely cost you $40-$60 per flat more than the standard target ammo of 1 oz (or less) at max 1200-1220 FPS. It is what it is. Reload, shoot regular target ammo or bite the bullet and pay boutique prices for shells. With so many components being used for Ukraine, this isn't going to change anytime soon.

BTW, AGC ammo is a low pressure shell throughout their lineup of shot shells. Morris confirmed that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post: