Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Unread 04-22-2023, 10:03 AM   #11
Gerald McPherson
PGCA Member

Member Info

I have a CZ Woodcock Deluxe 20 Gauge that I bought from an old skeet and clays shooter about my age who had to give up shooting because of health issues. When discussing it before I bought it he stated, It's a wonderful little gun. I will agree. It fits and hits for me better than any over/under I've ever shot. He also said he never had an issue with it, neither have I. Can't say that about a lot of Parkers, Brownings, Winchesters, Smiths and others. I can however say that about Ithaca SKB guns 280, 200, and 100's. I've enjoyed them all. Thanks. Gerald.
Gerald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gerald McPherson For Your Post:
Unread 04-22-2023, 10:18 AM   #12
Rino Grassa
PGCA Member

Member Info

I also have a CZ Ringneck 20ga....they are great guns for the money....and if youre patient, a lot of them have very nice Turkish Walnut with handsome figuring....killed many Huns, Sharptail, phez and Ruffs with it...it hits where I point all the time...the 5 chokes are a bonus and a great Dove gun ( Non Tox shot here in Canada for Doves)...ive had mine prob 15 yrs or more....zero issues...actually maybe one issue...the fake screws on the fake sideplates used to come loose all the time when shooting...a wee bit of locktite fixed that.
Rino Grassa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rino Grassa For Your Post:
Unread 04-22-2023, 10:45 AM   #13
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,902 Times in 2,687 Posts

We have a CZ Ringneck 20g on the rack here. 28" bbls, full set of choke tubes, semi-pistol grip, single trigger, very nice wood.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 04-26-2023, 02:00 PM   #14
Dylan Rhodes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Ultimately, I decided to pick one up. Things are starting off a little sketchy, when I took the forearm off for the first time a nice pile of reddish-brown debris fell out with it. Looking in there was some more between the barrels in the portion of the gap not covered by the rib. Naturally, I assumed this to be rust/corrosion. I called CZ immediately and was assured that this is just leftover flux from the soldering operation and that in no way will it affect the function or longevity of the gun. A quick google search seems that some others have had this experience with no adverse effects yet, but time tells all. Neat little 28ga for under 1k. Seems front heavy for some reason, even though the balance is right on the hinge. Will shoot it this weekend, as long as it goes bang and the POI is within reason, I will consider myself satisfied.
Dylan Rhodes is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dylan Rhodes For Your Post:
Unread 04-26-2023, 02:04 PM   #15
Rino Grassa
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Rhodes View Post
Ultimately, I decided to pick one up. Things are starting off a little sketchy, when I took the forearm off for the first time a nice pile of reddish-brown debris fell out with it. Looking in there was some more between the barrels in the portion of the gap not covered by the rib. Naturally, I assumed this to be rust/corrosion. I called CZ immediately and was assured that this is just leftover flux from the soldering operation and that in no way will it affect the function or longevity of the gun. A quick google search seems that some others have had this experience with no adverse effects yet, but time tells all. Neat little 28ga for under 1k. Seems front heavy for some reason, even though the balance is right on the hinge. Will shoot it this weekend, as long as it goes bang and the POI is within reason, I will consider myself satisfied.
Nice a 28! what I also like about these Guns...they are built on scaled frames...that 28 is prob under 6lbs
Rino Grassa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2023, 02:06 PM   #16
Dylan Rhodes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rino Grassa View Post
Nice a 28! what I also like about these Guns...they are built on scaled frames...that 28 is prob under 6lbs
its about 5lb 9 oz on my scale. The Tristar Bristol I have is a hair over 5 and noticeably lighter to the feel.
Unread 04-26-2023, 10:14 PM   #17
Mark Britton
PGCA Member

Member Info

Hey Dylan Let us know how it shoots > And what you think .
Mark Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2023, 01:08 PM   #18
Dylan Rhodes
PGCA Member

Member Info

Last update from me: Seems to go bang. Did a little pattern testing witH RST pigeon loads - POI seems 3” low at 30 yards. A lot of that could be in me though, I only have a few English stocked guns and I’m usually a 14-14.25” LOP. 14.5 is pushing it. It’s good enough
Unread 05-10-2023, 06:35 PM   #19
Paul Frelier
Forum Associate

Member Info

hello Dylan,
How does the CZ compare to the Bristol? thanks
Paul Frelier is offline   Reply With Quote