Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 12-19-2022, 12:12 PM   #11
Joe from MO
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,121 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Hoover View Post
Joe,

nothing really jumps out to me from your pictures, on the third picture where the extractor seems to be fully retracted, it does appear that it could be tweaked upward, it look like there might be some room at the top.
Also, if you remove the barrels and then manually pull the extractor out, does it have any downward movement like your guide pin may be bent?
Meaning that the further the ectractor extends, it keeps dropping lower away from the shell?
There is a set screw that retains the extractor guide rod/pin from fully coming out, this screw can be backed off to allow the extractor to be removed, and then you could check for straigtness of the rod/pin.

Stan
yeah, I pulled it out it looks very straight. It moved freely with finger, etc.

If any thing, there is a bit of side-to-side movement once it's out. It's like the shell sticks or something, but once the extractor was out, very little pressure to remove it, and it fit in other tube just fine too. I am gonna try the lighter RSt's in it. Although, this gun should be fine with 1165 1oz loads imho.