Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums Hunting with Parkers Wild Game Recipes

Notices

Excellent Pheasant Breast
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Pheasant Slayer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Default Excellent Pheasant Breast

This is a great recipe for pheasant. It calls just for the breasts but, I cut up 2 whole pheasants. This will not disappoint.

Cut breast meat into small cubes. Soak in beaten eggs for at least 20 mins.(For extremely tender meat soak overnight). Remove from egg mixture and roll in seasoned Ilalian Bread Crumbs. Brown the coated meat in butter or margarine in a frying pan over medium high flame.

Remove meat and place in a oblong casserole dish (single layer). Add 1 can of chicken broth (14 1/2 once) and one can of drained mushrooms (8-10 oz. size or more if you like mushrooms).

Place thin slices or shreaded Muenster cheese over meat and mushroom mix and cover with lid (or foil). Cook in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hr. and 20 minutes. Can be served on rice or on the side. (You will never cook pheasant another way again!)

Last edited by William Maynard; 10-31-2010 at 07:38 PM..
William Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to William Maynard For Your Post:
Visit William Maynard's homepage!
Unread 10-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
Brush Buster
PGCA Member
Second Badge

Member Info

Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,099 Posts

William ,I just wanted to drop you a note to say Thank You and to let you know ,my Family and I had " Pheasant Maynard " this evening for dinner ,served with home made Noodles ,Stuffing , and a Tossed Salad w/ Ranch Dressing , made by yours truly ,now my wife thinks I am a Gourmet Chef ! Absolutely delicious , Thank you, we enjoyed your recipe very much ,we will be having this again ,as soon as I can scratch up a few more Ring Necks ! Russ
Russ Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russ Jackson For Your Post:
Unread 10-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Pheasant Slayer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Russ,
Just to note. You can also use Duck Breasts. You just have to swap out the Chicken Broth and use Beef Broth.
Unread 10-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #4
10ga Hammer
PGCA Member

Member Info

William, This is an awsome recipe(but you already knew that). I cut up two birds last night and left them marinade in the egg overnight, followed the rest of the directions as noted. This is the most tender "Ditch Chicken" I have ever sunk a tooth into! We spooned the meat,shrooms and cheese over wild rice,the Wife even had seconds With what we had left over I would estimate that two birds will serve at least four maybe five people. I recommend everyone give this one a try!! Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PHEZ.jpg (494.0 KB, 7 views)
"Double guns are a sport and a pastime built into a beautiful package to which I attach myself when entering the great theater of autumn, those days now grow more precious because we are given so few".. Robin Lacy
Robert Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Rambler For Your Post:
Unread 10-31-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
Pheasant Slayer
PGCA Member

Member Info

Robert, I am glad you liked it. The picture has my mouth watering.... Just to let you know this is the only way my wife will eat Pheasant. I love my bird hunting so, I am always looking for new ways to try it......
Take care....
Unread 11-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #6
StubTwist
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,601 Times in 483 Posts

William,

While watching Sunday NFL countdown I prepared the dish you shared with us in this post. I cooked your pheasant recipe today and it was absolutely delicious! Very easy to make. Since I had three birds I added some extra broth and mushrooms. Echoing what Rob said is there is plenty for four or more with the dish. I cooked for only for myself since my girlfriend thinks eating wild bird is "weird". So I ask her where do you think Purdue chickens and Butterball turkey come from?? Anyhow, I have leftovers to nuke in the microwave for the next couple of days.

Thanks!

Frank
Frank Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Cronin For Your Post: