Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Non-Parker Specific & General Discussions Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions

Notices

Unread 12-14-2022, 04:55 PM   #21
Mike of the Mountain
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 8,674 Times in 2,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gietler View Post
NOT If They keep charging those'' Outrageous'' Prices for their Tables. Cut the price in half, you will get 3-4 times more Vendors. IT is a Win-Win for every body.

Harry
The Northern SxS Challenge at Rock Mountain doesn't charge any fees for vendors. Just sayin'. Plus the number of shooters for this event has gone up every year.
Mike Koneski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mike Koneski For Your Post:
Visit Mike Koneski's homepage!
Unread 12-14-2022, 10:31 PM   #22
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Lester View Post
The Vintagers have just announced a change of venue for the 2023 Vintage Cup on Facebook. It will still be held in Wellsville PA but at Warringtons Sporting Clays rather than at Central Penn.
Another bizarre twist, the post and graphic I shared earlier about the Vintage Cup being held at Warringtons Sporting Clays has mysteriously disappeared from the Vintagers Facebook page.

I have no idea what is going on but I am starting to believe if it wasn't for disorganization the Vintagers would have no organization at all
Unread 12-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #23
Double Lab
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 6,085 Times in 2,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Murphy View Post
Daryl, so you shoot doves every day from the beginning to the end of the first season??? Give me a break. The date of the Vintage Cup is the least of our worries. See you there, buddy. You and I can both sleep in our own beds every night. This is a "commuter shoot" for you, I, and Chuck, maybe for a few years.
Yep, pretty much Bill. The shooting dies off towards the end of Sept. but it is a daily thing for the first two weeks. The availability and number of birds varies with each farm we have permission to shoot and it all depends on the weather and the farmer's cutting schedule. So for the first two weeks of Sept, that is where I'd rather be.

Look, I had talked to the organizer of this shoot at Ernie's when it was announced that it was going to be at Central Penn SC. I suggested that Central Penn might not be the best venue and when she asked where I thought would be a better venue I said, hands down, Warrington SC. She took the ball and ran with it. Her husband is a member of my club and they organize driven shoots to England, Scotland, Spain to name a few under their business Delaney and Sons. They are a wonderful couple and are facing a real challenge organizing this shoot. The new owner of Warrington is willing to do whatever it takes to make this shoot happen. He is a shooter and knows how to set targets. I've been shooting there every week, usually a Weds., for a number of years with a group of guys and I can assure everyone interested that they will enjoy the course. We will see, stay tuned.
Unread 12-15-2022, 09:01 AM   #24
stumpstalker
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 2,347 Times in 673 Posts

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by Russell E. Cleary; 12-15-2022 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: topic changed
Russell E. Cleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2023, 04:05 PM   #25
J.B. Books
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,365 Posts

Just posted to the Vintagers Facebook page, 1/9/23.

"Vintage Gunners
2m ·
It looks like we are - moving forward. Please read the flyer for information and more check back for more updates"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 321814844_759807385506441_4198553532801986387_n.jpg (422.0 KB, 19 views)
Unread 01-09-2023, 06:53 PM   #26
nid-28
PGCA Member

Member Info

I’m sure I’ll get flamed for my opinion, but here goes! I attended the Vintage Cup from the very beginning in Rhode Island, through the Sandanona years, down to the Eastern Shore at Pintail Point, then Hopkins and then on to Hausmans! It peaked in Sandanona and was fairly strong at Pintail Point. Then is started to shrink down until we’re now left with a shell of what it used to be. What happened?? Well, lots of smaller regional double gun events popped up diluting what was the largest double gun gathering. The Southern has emerged as the strongest competitor and is arguably the best of these events still in existence and it’s April dates don’t conflict with hunting, football or other diversions. I’ll also offer my opinion that the double gun craze has moderated and is not the driving force it was in, say, 2000-2010! Of course there were changes in ownership of the VC that have to be factored in the current state of events. Things change, nothing stays the same and that’s what we’re witnessing now. Take a look at the Vegas January Gun Show! The old Beinfield produced shows were magnificent affairs and packed with attendees. Today’s offering is a far cry from what it was and no longer draws large crowds. There is an ebb and flow in all we do. I expect the Central Pa. VC will draw a decent crowd. It’s a nice venue and population wise it’s well situated. I hope it’s successful and finds a good home there. The vendors are critical to the success of this event. The majority of people attend to see the vendors and shop. I’m convinced that less then 50%, perhaps 30% actually shoot the events. Well this is just one man’s opinion that I felt was worth sharing. Don’t beat me up to bad, I’m a die hard Classic shotgun guy. Happy New Year to all.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2023, 07:24 PM   #27
James L. Martin
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,566 Times in 379 Posts

I for one was very disappointed with the number of vendors at last year's Vintagers. I hope that changes this year.
Unread 01-10-2023, 12:48 PM   #28
B. Dudley
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 17,422 Times in 4,595 Posts

Bill,

You simply stated the facts about the situation and current times. You cannot argue about that.
Visit Brian Dudley's homepage!