Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Announcement, Help & Introduction Forums New User Introductions

Notices

New member from AR
Unread 08-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
segately
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default New member from AR

Just acquired a pawn shop special, 30" Ithaca Hammerless field grade Lewis from 1902. Interweb search led me here to a thread posted 2/14 by alcaviglia on a complete takedown and parts diagram of an Ithaca Lewis +/- Crass. Just wanted to express my thanks to him and all others involved for such an indispensable resource. The action is tight, barrels clean and free of pitting, but the screws are boogered and the stock has had minor crack repairs.
I've been through it and now reassembled it, which would have been an impossible disaster without the info I found here.
I've duck hunted with a buddy the past 28 yrs who is a Parker enthusiast (named his son Parker Nash, if that's any indication). He has a couple doubles, but over the years, I've never been fortunate enough to find anything I could use. Kind of gave up looking. Last week, I stumbled on to this gun sitting in the back corner of the gun rack at the pawn shop. Turns out that excessive drop of the stock just fits a guy who is 6'3". I ran a few winAA xtra-lites thru it yesterday, and will be investigating reload info for similar 2.5" light loads.
Thrilled to be a double gun owner after all these years. Now, if I could just find a Parker....
Stan Gately is offline   Reply With Quote