Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums  

Go Back   Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums Parker Forums General Parker Discussions

Notices

Puglisi Gun Emporium
Unread 04-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #1
Mitchell Nahra
Forum Associate

Member Info

Default Puglisi Gun Emporium

I noticed a number of Parkers that have been listed on Gun's International by this dealer. The guns seem to be significantly over priced. Am I missing something? Is there some thing unique about the guns listed? For example DH 16ga for 15k. Just curious as I try to get a feel for the market price.
Mitch
Mitchell Nahra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Parkerman
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

The dealer has an excellent reputation. One must always evaluate various offerings fully before making price decisions.
Linn Matthews is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #3
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,635 Times in 2,670 Posts

Jack Puglisi often has the best of the best and charges for it.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:33 AM   #4
John D.
PGCA Lifer
Admin

Member Info

Thanked 4,223 Times in 834 Posts

Hi Mitch!

Actually - Mr. Puglisi has one of the finest selections of Parker's available on the Internet (and in his place of business, as I understand ). As well, he is one of the most knowledgeable Parker dealers out there - if not "the most knowledgeable".

He's also a PGCA Member and subsidizes a shoot which I've posted pictures of in the past. In that way - I guess he's like a member of our family?

I can also tell you that as a customer of his - it's been my pleasure to do business with him.

Anyway - I guess my view is - when I'm looking for something rarer or in higher condition - I trust Mr. Puglisi over just about any other dealer I can think of?

Just my $0.02

John
John Dunkle is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Dunkle For Your Post:
Unread 04-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
Opening Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 2,093 Times in 1,197 Posts

Agree with what John and Bruce said. I have bought a number of guns from Jack were they expensive sometimes but they were the highest condition guns that I could find, and you will pay dearly for any high condition Parker over the same grade gun in 50% condition and Jack has some very high condition guns..
Eric Eis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eric Eis For Your Post:
Unread 04-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,177 Times in 4,897 Posts

Once, I made an indirect comment on the internet about the pricing of guns or a gun at Puglisi's. That evening, at about bedtime, Jack's time, my phone rang in Maryland. It was Jack. He wanted to chat about gun pricing and my comment. We talked on the phone until it was about two hours past my bedtime. I had never talked to Jack before, this was a first. Jack had bought a collection of Parkers from a collector who lives near me. He priced them like he prices most of his great guns. As Jack mentioned on the phone, after about a month, a good percentage of these guns had sold. I took the opportunity to ask Jack about a gun on his list that I was interested in, at a price a bit lower than his advertised price. We couldn't strike a deal. However, not too long ago, Jack reduced the price of many guns on his site, supposedly on a temporary "sale" basis . After the "sale", these guns are still at reduced price. So he is capable of coming off a price. I think he is a great guy as a gun dealer. I wish he were closer to Maryland.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Murphy For Your Post:
Unread 04-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
Bruce Day
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 15,635 Times in 2,670 Posts

Bill, we have a great shoot at the Puglisi/Duluth shoot at the end of July. I'm going to be in your area at the BSA Nat'l Jamboree this year so I can't make it, but next year its well worth coming out. Jack is a great host, opens his gun rooms, serves drinks and food and the couple days Mike Koranda and Randy Zahn put on a great shoot.
Bruce Day is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bruce Day For Your Post:
Unread 04-02-2010, 02:11 PM   #8
Bill Murphy
PGCA Lifetime

Member Info

Thanked 9,177 Times in 4,897 Posts

Yeah, I love shooting with those Minnesota guys at the Northeast Shoot. Had dinner with Mike last trip up there. Yup, I would love to attend the Puglisi shoot. Last time I actually saw Jack was quite a few years ago at Winter Vegas. He didn't know me then, but now he has my home phone number! He has a gun on his list that I'm interested in. Maybe he'll call me and offer to take a few bucks off the price.
Bill Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #9
Harry Collins
PGCA Member

Member Info

Thanked 1,766 Times in 736 Posts

I doubt Jack could pick me out in a leprechaun parade, but every time I have spoken with him he was as kind to me as if we had been friends for life. I thought his offerings were a bit high as well until I realised they were just out of my price range. At a gun show, Jacks table is the one to find.

Harry
Harry Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2010, 07:08 PM   #10
Mitchell Nahra
Forum Associate

Member Info

Gentlemen, I greatly appreciate the responses. Being relatively new to the Parker collecting club your remarks are both valuable and educational. I in know way wished to disrespect Mr Puglisi. Although pictures and descriptions are a help,it is difficult to appreciate the true condition/quality of a firearm with out actually inspecting it in hand. Thanks again.
Mitch
Mitchell Nahra is offline   Reply With Quote